Discuss Tiling window reveals and uneven walls. in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Ronen Goodfriend

Hi All,
Im just finishing a new kitchen and want to tile the area behind the sink up to and including the ledge and reveals.

I have 2 questions.

1) Some section of the walls are running out - thick at the bottom and narrow at the top. What is the best way to deal with this - images should be attached.

My window fitter said to hacksaw the corner cast and chisel off the thicker parts until I can get them flush - im nervous. There is a 2cm difference from bottom to top of the run to be tiled.

2) How far up the reveals to tile ? The tiling area is along the sink wall that has a big window in it 2.8m to a corner, come round the corner to the other window wall but the windows are different heights so going to the top of each window will result in a step down on the right angle.

another idea is just to go up to the ledge and 30cm up the reveal to keep the tiles at the same height for the entire run.

IMG_5474.JPG
IMG_5475.JPG
IMG_5476.JPG
IMG_5477.JPG

s!AsXed8jy4awzmDeI6dJYAS6vi85c

s!AsXed8jy4awzmDbUOAfzft_zXASK

8D625F03-A407-4127-AC68-C117D427B3B9.jpeg B2F60341-A8C2-4318-A0DA-3FCC9EB83C93.jpeg 40C9FBCB-8A32-4C14-8249-EA48481A700A.jpeg EFE272C8-A0DC-4F00-BAB3-791A188B9B34.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Chris N

TF
Reaction score
Ideally the reveals wanted sorting before kitchen was fitted, but no matter.

You're window fitter has the right idea...just need to be brave. If I was doing it, I'd probably take the reveals off and start again, but I do a lot of 'invisible' mends around windows and such, so no drama for me.

Are the walls plaster board, or wet plastered?

R

Ronen Goodfriend

Wet plaster

I have had to go ahead and hack it off and use plasterboard and dry wall adhesive to make good but discovered addled plaster so more to do tomorrow

546EE9D5-6258-410F-90A9-BB09DC6B9638.jpeg

R

Ronen Goodfriend

Thanks Chris

Found a section of flat wall I have to bridge that is addled so will take that on tomorrow

Reply to Tiling window reveals and uneven walls. in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks