Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling uneven wall subway tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Currently tile our new ensuite - I'm not a pro, this is my first large tile project. Using subway tiles in brick pattern and 2 walls done and fairly happy with the result.

The next wall to tackle I have just noticed has a bump in it about a third of the way along. Put a level on it and there's about a 20mm gap as the wall dives into the corner and then another 20mm the other side of the bump before it then becomes level again.

What's the best way to resolve this? I've seen some posts saying pack it out with rapid set and then tile on top once the rapid set has gone off. Problem with this is I'm only tile halfway up the wall so you will see the difference along the top where the tiles finish.

If I was using large tiles, I would use the self levelling clips but they don't seem to be very practical for small subway tiles.

My initial thought is the difference is too much to pack out with tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ as I go.

By the way, this is a new stud wall, recently plastered.

Thanks in advance.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Level it with the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/, let it dry, then tile, finish the top with trim and chalk the gap before decorating .

Or get the whole lot plastered level before tile.

Reply to Tiling uneven wall subway tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock