Discuss Tiling under bath for panel fitment in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Another tip is to lay the long row of tiles that go under the main length of the bath first and concentrate on getting them spot on level then lay the rest in respect to them. That way if you do encounter little level problems later (I'm sure you won't) it means you can still fit the bath bang on level at your desired height

W

welwel

Just mentioned to the supervisor what you suggested, got a 'told you so' in reply!

Thanks for the advice in your last post.

Off to scewfix in the morning, what adhesive do you suggest. Will be using 3mm spacers.

Thanks in advance

Bob

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Any single part flexi addy will be fine for laying on Hardi. You just need to decide on rapid or slowest, grey or white.

W

welwel

Having never tiled before this tiling lark is a big learning curve for me, I did as suggested by macten and removed the bath and laid the first row of tiles along the panel length and tiled out from that. The result although not perfect is acceptable in my opinion. Thanks for your help with this.

Ive attached a pic of the walls that I will be tiling next, all of the wall is rock solid apart from a small bit up by the ceiling, Im reluctant to overly remove this bit as it will disturb the newly installed overboarded artex ceiling. Any suggestions about this please.

Intend tanking in the bath tomorrow, any pitfalls with this that I should know about?

What white grout would you suggest I use on the floor tiles, read on this forum that white can become grey--

The blue tiles are staying and I will over tile them, not sure what they were attached with but they are welded on, I intend using Mapei Eco prim grip.

Thanks in advance gents and ladies of course.

Bob

View attachment DSC_6716.JPG View attachment DSC_6717.JPG View attachment DSC_6723.JPG View attachment DSC_6720.JPG View attachment DSC_6722.JPG

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never used white grout on a floor and never will!

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Wow, looks like the old tiles were fixed with contact adhesive.
Gray grout on floor.
Bossed plaster,remove.
May have to provide key and primer on painted sections.

W

welwel

Hi Macten,

Thanks for your advice.

Baths coming out tomorrow, then I will tile the floor and refit the bath.

Im learning!

By the way, I have a Mach 1

Cheers

Bob

Sorry to go missing for a while-

Here's the final result, I learnt lots by my mistakes, biggest f up was my drilling the tap holes in the wrong place-aagghhh- went to the pub after this and got myself quite irate over such a silly mistake,- made up some ss washers and had them chrome plated, best i could do really.

Not exactly my choice of tile but it keeps the supervisor happy.

Having never tiled or fitted a bathroom before im happy with the end result, thankfully, so is the boss.

Thanks to all those that helped.

View attachment DSC_6063.jpg View attachment DSC_6678.JPG View attachment DSC_6809.JPG View attachment DSC_6808.JPG View attachment DSC_6821.JPG View attachment DSC_7668.JPG View attachment DSC_7767.JPG

Reply to Tiling under bath for panel fitment in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks