Discuss Tiling trends and fashions in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

F

Flintstone

With the current trend of metros, grey 60x30 porcelain and wood look plank tiles, what’s next? I remember when boarders were all the rage and I did plenty of randomly dotted about picture tiles too, and not forgetting ceramics with a hole in with a little bit of mosaic inset in. Will we look back in 10 years on plank tiles and laugh and say I bet they were fitted in 2017!
I know there’s x large format, but not in the mainstream for most.

Reaction score
Metallic is popular but will date. For people wanting something timeless they seem to be going back to Cream/Beige/Taupe from what we are seeing at the moment. Or a lot of cream chiseled edge Marble! Hopefully the plank/grey combination will be more timeless than the dreaded Metro (especially with grey grout!).

Reaction score
agree the x large tiles haven't really been that in demand in Derbyshire, 45x90 are starting to show a little more now however.

Greys definitely massive seller, as are the feature wall tiles.

If we are to judge what we were selling 15/20 years ago, a customer has just come in and trying to match up some bumpy white 20x20, but wants the pig in bath transfer on them too! :)

Reaction score
agree the x large tiles haven't really been that in demand in Derbyshire, 45x90 are starting to show a little more now however.

Greys definitely massive seller, as are the feature wall tiles.

If we are to judge what we were selling 15/20 years ago, a customer has just come in and trying to match up some bumpy white 20x20, but wants the pig in bath transfer on them too! :)

Pig in bath we don't have but we actually still have pelicans, ducks etc and sell them!! Even sold pig in kitchen and maggies cats last year!

Q

Qwerty

I can see greys lasting for quite a while to be honest. Creams, beiges, natural stone effect and natural stone has to be in for the long haul though

roadking

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Wood effect tiles were very fashionable in the 90s but square tiles as opposed to plank. But then they were very dated in the 2000s or even frowned upon.... lol

T

Tile Shop

Encaustic effect and splitface seem to be up there among the big hitters for us at the moment, but again, two styles that could fizzle out when the next new big thing comes along.

D

Deleted member 49260

Does it matter?
How many punters are going to rip out a tiled room because fashion changed? it's not like Primark clothes that last just long enough for next 'style' to come in.
Any tiling to decent standards with decent gear can't be a fashion purchase and changed at a whim - as much as new work is good that sort of rampant consumerism will kill this planet.
I'm rather assuming the two fat, bad hair nuclear freaks don't do it 1st

T

Time's Ran Out

Does it matter?
How many punters are going to rip out a tiled room because fashion changed? it's not like Primark clothes that last just long enough for next 'style' to come in.
Any tiling to decent standards with decent gear can't be a fashion purchase...

Reply to Tiling trends and fashions in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks