Discuss Tiling training Hampshire - Any tiling course in Hampshire? in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

G

gizmolang

Hi does anyone know of any course near me, I'm in Gosport Hampshire and im looking to do a one week or two week course I have been trawling the internet but I cant seem to find any around here. Thanks Rob

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Rob.

Have you checked with the local college to see what they can offer at all?

@deanotile is there a directory or number we can call when trying to find out colleges that do tiling mate?

G

gizmolang

I think some of the colleges do longer courses but im trying to fit around my work commitments so I need one of the intensive courses

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I know it can be hard to get into a trade when you're already working and whatnot.

If that's the case, then perhaps consider travelling to the nearest GOOD training centre. It's been a couple of years now since I was clued up on who's doing what courses else I'd have tried to recommend something for you.

This is the page on City and Guilds: about as helpful as a chocolate fireguard.
Wall and Floor Tiling (Construction) qualifications and training courses | City & Guilds

NVQ Level 2 Tiling Course | Able Skills
http://www.ytatraining.com/NVQ_level_2_Wall_and_Floor_Tiling_1_Day_EWPA
NVQ Tiling Courses - UKs No1 Tiling NVQ Course Centre

Not sure any of those are close to you. But they've all been doing it for a while, so they should know their stuff. But it's well worth considering contacting them all, and visiting all centres, speaking to the students etc etc.

Also worth travelling to a good training centre, rather than just going a local one. Obviously extra costs such as accommodation perhaps need to be taken into account. But the prices seem to vary massively anyway, so just take it into account on the ones not so local.

Also, while you're researching this, do you mind coming back and letting me know the drill? It'd be handy.

Once a few people have done the same I'll have a bit of a guage then as to what to recommend for those who can't do the long college courses.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Is there anything other than college for a guy like this Deano?

G

gizmolang

Im currently doing plumbing and would eventually like to do the complete bathroom install myself so a few weeks training to give me more of a insight into it.

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
There is Portsmouth -highbury tiling / building college , tiling run by a great guy called Steve , not sure if they do short intensive courses , but worth checking them out.

G

gizmolang

Well after much hunting I could not find a course in Hampshire but I ended up going to able skills in Dartford and I would recommend this course to anyone looking to do a short course in wall and floor tiling.

M

Michael Greenwood

Well after much hunting I could not find a course in Hampshire but I ended up going to able skills in Dartford and I would recommend this course to anyone looking to do a short course in wall and floor tiling.
How did you find it at Able? Did you get what you wanted from it and was the quality of the training up to scratch? Value for money etc?

Reply to Tiling training Hampshire - Any tiling course in Hampshire? in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks