Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Tiling the back of a gas hob in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. john56897452

john56897452 Active Member

Having done a half decent tiling job in the ensuite, I now have my daughters on my back for small tiling jobs.

One has asked me to tile the back of the kitchen wall behind her gas hob. My question is with the obvious heat generated could anyone recommend the use of ceramic or porcelain tiles?

Which would perform better in these circumstances?

Many Thanks

John.

2. Paul C.

Paul C. Professional Tiler

The heat directed at the tiles shouldn't be that high due to there being plenty of ventilation. Both ceramic and porcelain will be ok. They're actually fired at anywhere between 600 and 1400 degrees at manufacture, but if you're hob gets that hot, you have bigger problems to worry about before tiling :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

As above! ^^^

Share your finished photos with us!