Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Tiling over old cement/adhesive in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. robh2812

robh2812 New to TilersForums.co.uk

Hi guys new to this.

I've just taken up our old tiles and left with the mess below. Spent an hour with a steamer and scrapper but the old adhesive/cement isn't moving but at the same time it is cracking in some places.....

Can't remove the ply as just had new bath and toilet fitted too it before i decided to do this job....

Any ideas on what i can do to get the rest of this up

floor.png

2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

Scraper should work. Failing that try an sds with chisel bit in or even sanding it off!

3. Waluigi

Waluigi Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Blowtorch

4. pdc

pdc Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

Need to be careful on ply...

5. Waluigi

Waluigi Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Yes. It can work well though. Also try a heat gun.

6. Adey1980

Adey1980 Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Good sharp blade in a scraper or sds as recommended