Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Tiling over a lip in the wall in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. morganste

morganste Member of Tilers Forums

Hi guys,

I'm after some advice please.

I am about to buy all the gear i will need to tile a kitchen wall, but getting a little stuck on what im going to do with a lip in the wall where an old coal stove used to be.

the lip is proud from the wall approx. 15-20mm.

Is there an aluminium trim i could use to make the lip into some kind of small splash back?

I've drawn a simple diagram for you to get an idea.... (left - Side profile. Right - front profile)

Many thanks. profile.jpg

2. Bond

Bond TilersForums.co.uk Addict

A picture might be more usefully, in gauging a response.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jacko

Jacko Active Member

Can you not remove the lip?

I haven't seen tile trim that is big enough to cover something that size.
    If you can find a local metal stockholder, they might have Aluminium angle in the size you need.

4. acaciaguy

acaciaguy Professional Tiler

If you have a pic that works is really help us help you