Discuss Tiling onto Ply, can it be a success? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

So ... unfortunately I can't take the Ultimate S2 back.

Apologies misread first sentence, you don’t have to answer obviously, why?

Setaflex will be under £200, you can flog ultimate on ebay if you have to, you can easily recover half your costs of setaflex.
You may even find someone on here who would want it for the right money.

The cost of the failure would be astronomical in comparison.

AD1

TF
Reaction score
It was ordered through a friend who placed a larger order on a house build and so can't return them.

So I'm thinking I will get an S1 adhesive. What S1 would people advise? and do CTD/Topps tiles stock it?

Thanks again.

O

Old Mod

So I'm thinking I will get an S1 adhesive. What S1 would people advise? and do CTD/Topps tiles stock it?

Do not go to Topps.
Regular CTD users here can advise on a choice from there.
And yes they sell numerous S1 class adhesives.

AD1

TF
Reaction score
Oh, So I can take back the GT1.

What's more flexible/suitable, standard wide joint with GT1 or superflex?

Adam.

J

Just Rizzle

WHY DO YOU HAVE WOODEN HANDLES ON PANS.
ANSWER BECAUSE WOOD IS AN INSULATOR.

take up all the wood and replace with 2 layers of backer board 90 degrees to each other both adhered to the screed floor and the other to the 1st layer of backerboard. this will allow better heat transference so reducing you soon to be sky high heating bills if you have wood as the layer above your ufh,and also reducing your 100% chance of failure due to the ply or wood.

AD1

TF
Reaction score
The heating has been installed for 1 year already and works perfectly. Heating bills have went down, floors are warm to touch even with laminate flooring. I realise backer board would be better to tile on than ply hence why I am getting advice and hence the title of the thread.

Can someone respond to my previous comment on the correct adhesive from CTD?

I am now going to return the BAL grout for standard wide joint.

Thanks.

J

J Sid

[QUOTE Can someone respond to my previous comment on the correct adhesive from CTD? [/QUOTE]

I did, see above :D

Reply to Tiling onto Ply, can it be a success? in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
alangk85
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks