Discuss Tiling Large Area in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

IanA2

Long story, but I'm having a flat tiled, the biggest room in 19ft x 19ft. Others (3), are what I would call "normal" sizes. I fancy the rooms being tiled with 800 x 800 tiles, and probably the other rooms too. What I'm not sure about is is the hallway. Should that be tiled with 600 x 600? I seemed to remember that there was some convention on this, but I'm not sure.

Thanks.

F

Flintstone

Same size tile throughout all areas if it is all getting tiled. There is gonna be some small cuts somewhere

I

IanA2

Yes, it's 1460 sq ft minus two bathrooms which already have travertine flooring. So, 800 x 800 all round then, thanks.

F

Flintstone

Should look great all running through nice. I'm not sure on expansion joints on an area that size, some one else May have the answer to that

I

IanA2

It's a pro tiler doing the job so I hope he knows ! It occurs to me that whilst I really would like 800 x 800's in the big room, it might look better elsewhere with 600 x 600's. Decisions decisions!

I

IanA2

Ordinarily that might be an issue. In fact the flat is ground floor and is a pro conversion to an enormous Georgian Bldg. It's actually the developer that's doing the tiling (well subbing it) as part of the deal, so all should be ok.

I

IanA2

I've been mulling over the advice to keep tiles all same size, and I'm wondering, as much as I think the big tiles would look really good in the big room, I'm thinking they might not be quite so good in the other rooms and the hallways.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

I

IanA2

Maybe, but I'm not sure how 8 x 8's would look in the hallway. Given that I should stick to one size, I think I'll go with 6 x 6's.

U

Unused Account 1

600x300 random bond to get all the cuts easier and looks better than brickbond ,if going into several rooms

Reply to Tiling Large Area in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks