Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling external brick walls (first job) in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,

really looking for advice here. Really want to spend some time improving the garden this year and I have some really ugly low brick walls on the patio which I was planning on tile. I've never tiled before so wanted to get some advice on if this was actually possible (tile straight onto brick) how hard the job would be and where I would start with it all. I was thinking of a tile along the lines of this...

tile w.JPG

this is what the brick wall currently looks like...

Captureexternal wall.JPG

F

Flintstone

If it was me, I would be looking at having a dustless blaster come and blast the brick so it’s all nice, the re point them and fit new stones on top or have them blasted too. Should look good

J

Julian 'Farmer' Bonsall

What would one do about the pipes through the wall? I assume they are to reduce the water pressure on the wall so is stopping them functioning sensible?

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hi all,

really looking for advice here. Really want to spend some time improving the garden this year and I have some really ugly low brick walls on the patio which I was planning on tile. I've never tiled before so wanted to get some advice on if this was actually possible (tile straight onto brick) how hard the job would be and where I would start with it all. I was thinking of a tile along the lines of this...

View attachment 97713

this is what the brick wall currently looks like...

View attachment 97714

Seems like a lot of work to tart up an old brick wall, preparation possibly may involve shot blasting to prepare the surface, applying salt barrier, tanking and tile, all feasible of course, however have you considered replacing with a new brick wall, ( blue engineering bricks, would be a good choice). Just a thought.

Reply to Tiling external brick walls (first job) in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock