Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Cscs Cards - Blue Card Nvq Level 2 For Domestic Jobs Soon in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just had a letter asking me to re-new my CSCS card !! it appears i might have to sit more tests ! since i have had this card i have had to show it twice !! and both time the jobs have been a total pain to work on with idiots trying to impede my progress !! i thought i would ring them today and see what test and stuff i needed to do ! and i was told there was a twenty minute waiting time , !!!! so now i'am just thinking is it worth bothering anymore ! and just sticking to jobs that i don't need this hassle - on :thumbsup: what do you guys do or make of this scheme to flees-us of yet more of our hard earned money ?

T

The D

How will the multi traders or general builders cope.

Would they need an nvq in every trade they do to make them qualfied.

On a building site its very much one trade dose one job......in the domestic maket......its very different. Most of us strip walls and prep them. Re- board floors , box in pipes......some even plane doors and plinths....but lets not go there..lol

Great if it could work...might stop some of the builders pretending to be tilers. ...won't hold my breath just yet though. .
That is why it is easier for the domestic tilers to hit the criteria in an NVQ. Most site tilers have to use privet work to hit some of the units required as evidence.

W

White Room

why is that m8 ??

Because of the general public thereself, price allways seems to be an issue and they all know Bob down the road who will do it for such and such.

Don't get me wrong mate I would love to see it happen but just can't see it working at the moment.

T

The D

Because of the general public thereself, price allways seems to be an issue and they all know Bob down the road who will do it for such and such.

Don't get me wrong mate I would love to see it happen but just can't see it working at the moment.
I can see it coming and i think it is only a few years away.

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
Actually had a good laugh doing the test , as I did it with another tiler I've known for donkeys years . It was pretty straight forward stuff , no power tools allowed , this was mainly for testing the ability to cut quarries around a drain. Sorry about the naff pics , phone aint much cop.

Diggy IMG_20150324_104301.jpg IMG_20150324_121628.jpg IMG_20150324_130750.jpg
IMG_20150324_104301.jpg
IMG_20150324_121628.jpg
IMG_20150324_130750.jpg

Diggy

TF
Reaction score
As we went along the guy asks questions , takes pics etc , then at the end records a 20 min conversation individually , to make sure you can talk the talk , as well as walk the walk as it were.
Whitebeam , yes , that is the practical test , designed by one of the top honchos at the TTA as I understand it , whom I spoke to year or so ago.

Dan , the nippers were just to show you could do it without power tools. My m8 and I were the first to do it without breaking a quarry apparently.

Diggy .

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
so how do the new guys re-training for domestic tile get the relevant experience if they intend to be a 1 man company?

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
Is there a mathematical equation to work out how the tiles are cut for the arch depending on the size of the arch?

Reply to Tiling Cscs Cards - Blue Card Nvq Level 2 For Domestic Jobs Soon in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock