Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling Cscs Cards - Blue Card Nvq Level 2 For Domestic Jobs Soon in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just had a letter asking me to re-new my CSCS card !! it appears i might have to sit more tests ! since i have had this card i have had to show it twice !! and both time the jobs have been a total pain to work on with idiots trying to impede my progress !! i thought i would ring them today and see what test and stuff i needed to do ! and i was told there was a twenty minute waiting time , !!!! so now i'am just thinking is it worth bothering anymore ! and just sticking to jobs that i don't need this hassle - on :thumbsup: what do you guys do or make of this scheme to flees-us of yet more of our hard earned money ?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Never had one...and as I got no interest in working for anyone who requires one then can't see the point in getting one just for the sake of it. .

S

Spare Tool

Done plenty of sitework...never had one never been asked for one.
Have to say though all my sitework has been done for smaller contractors, seems to me its generally the big boys that insist on health and safety rules and regs.
The site managers favourite saying was "Long as ya wear yer helmet when boss is around you'll be reet"

O

On one

I redid mine in November after letting it lapse for 5 years. Easy enough to do,if you read and reread the accompanying book.
Like Andy has said above,mainly for the larger contractors so that they can put ticks in boxes.

T

The D

Every site I go on now I have to show my card. For me it is a must have, but if you can't be bothered with it I'm sure you will be OK for now.
I have to say the regulation of this industry has to start somewhere.

gamma38

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Load of rubbish I reckon. These governing bodies come and go like the weather. Unless your on sites full time I wouldn't bother. keep your money for yourself.

T

The D

Load of rubbish I reckon. These governing bodies come and go like the weather. Unless your on sites full time I wouldn't bother. keep your money for yourself.
what money are you all banging on about my card cost me ÂŁ17.00 for the test and ÂŁ25.00 for the card and it lasts for 5 years not a lot of money really.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
what money are you all banging on about my card cost me ÂŁ17.00 for the test and ÂŁ25.00 for the card and it lasts for 5 years not a lot of money really.

But why would you want one if you dont do site work?
Or are you saying in the future we will all require to have one even if you just do private work.

Last edited:
T

The D

But why would you want one if you dont do site work?
Or are you saying in the future we will all require to have one even if you just do private work.
if you don't work on site you don't need one. Would I like to see it enforced in the in the domestic market 100% yes

S

Spare Tool

A CSCS card is:

• A certification of the cardholder’s identity
  • A certification of the cardholder’s qualifications
  • A certification of the cardholder’s training
A CSCS card is not:

• A passport to gain entry to site
  • A competency card
  • A guarantee of a cardholder’s competence
  • A Health and Safety card
  • A card for off-site employees
  • A certification of the cardholder’s fitness to work
  • A record of the cardholder’s work experience

Don't really confirm much then...

G

Gazzer

I am due to renew mine and I will because for what it costs over the 5 year period is peanuts .
I have been on site where other trades got turned away because they had no card...thats ok if you have smaller builders or private work to fall back on.
Dont ask me if it all mean anything though, all this health and safety is only put into plan when there is a site visit in progress in my eyes.

S

Stocks Tiles

Did I read right on a previous post, that you can actually gain access onto building sites as a Tiler using the green CSCS card?

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
if you don't work on site you don't need one. Would I like to see it enforced in the in the domestic market 100% yes

Imo the cscs card as it stands means nothing.
You don't need to be a qualified tiler to obtain one so whats the point of enforcing it into the domestic market.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score

Imo the cscs card as it stands means nothing.
You don't need to be a qualified tiler to obtain one so whats the point of enforcing it into the domestic market.

Reply to Tiling Cscs Cards - Blue Card Nvq Level 2 For Domestic Jobs Soon in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock