Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling course recommendation in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
hi all,

I’m a plumber by trade, but want to learn how to tile for bathroom jobs and making good areas I have to cut into to replace shower valves etc.

I’m not looking for a career in tile but just be of a decent quality I can tile my own jobs.

I was wondering if anybody could recommend a good training provider. I’m not keen on ‘fast track’ course as they seem to churn out students for the sake of their pockets (I did a fast track plumbing course).

I just want a good, honest training provider. I’m basin in London but am willing to travel. I’ve searched for previous posts but all seem a little dated now.

Cheers in advance

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Just have to click on our banner on the right to see why we are the best and have been delivering top class tile courses for over 15 years, we have hundreds of five star reviews and we try and teach you what to expect when tile outside the training centre, not just how to stick some tiles on the wall which will get you nowhere , our courses are very in-depth and we teach you the practical and also theory (background prep and product knowledge) to give you a fighting chance.
Regards
Darren
UK Pro tile Training
www.tiling-courses.co.uk

OP
J
Reaction score
Just have to click on our banner on the right to see why we are the best and have been delivering top class tile courses for over 15 years, we have hundreds of five star reviews and we try and teach you what to expect when tile outside the training centre, not just how to stick some tiles on the wall which will get you nowhere , our courses are very in-depth and we teach you the practical and also theory (background prep and product knowledge) to give you a fighting chance.
Regards
Darren
UK Pro tile Training
www.tiling-courses.co.uk
Yeah I spoke to Tracey yesterday. I don’t know wether to do the 5 or 9 day course :/

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
The 5 days is pretty intense and very full on as there is a lot to cover and take in, the 2nd week lets you put a lot more into practice with more problems to deal with so your confidence builds every day, we also cover a full wet room installations as well on the 2nd week, if you can get the two weeks off you won't regret it, it will change your whole direction of how to run your plumbing and new tile business to maximise an income from it.
Regards
Darren

Q

Qwerty

Out of interest Darren what wet room configuration or brands do you cover on the courses? So many new tilers (none from you guys I must add) have virtually zero knowledge of wet room construction and products

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Not many people do the wet rooms because they don't understand the process but the people and companies that do, charge megga bucks for them sometimes over 10 grand, its big business and the process i go through makes it so very simple as i give you a step by step guide of how to do it along with the envelope cutting of the tiles, i have the wet room trays in the training centre along with all the tanking membranes for you to have a look at, some brands are a nightmare as there is loads or re nogging of the joists etc or the thickness of the trays are too thick, there is a wet room sponsor on here so i don't want to promote the brand that i teach with in the training centre but the one i use is very easy to install and get your head around and personally i think is the best but its not cheap which is life, you get what you pay for, just like the tile courses, we are not the cheapest by any means in fact we are probably the dearest tile course but if you compare what i teach with what other courses teach, the value for money on our course far out weighs a cheap course. There is a reason why we have over 350 verified reviews on Reviews.com every one a 5 star rating.
Regards
Darren

OP
J
Reaction score
The 5 days is pretty intense and very full on as there is a lot to cover and take in, the 2nd week lets you put a lot more into practice with more problems to deal with so your confidence builds every day, we also cover a full wet room installations as well on the 2nd week, if you can get the two weeks off you won't regret it, it will change your whole direction of how to run your plumbing and new tile business to maximise an income from it.
Regards
Darren
I’ve booked onto the 9 day.. just lined up a bathroom job for the day after the course So I can put my new skills to the test! Look forward to meeting you Darren! Cheers, James

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi James, first week done now, hope you have learnt a lot, onwards to week two now for more intensive work, hope your enjoying it
Regards
Darren

OP
J
Reaction score
Hi James, first week done now, hope you have learnt a lot, onwards to week two now for more intensive work, hope your enjoying it
Regards
Darren
The course is brilliant. I must admit I had my reservations to begin with only due to past experience from previous trade course providers. However I was pleasantly proved wrong. Loving the course and am looking forward to week 2!!!
Cheers Darren!

Do return here @James De and let us know how its going/ how it went. Could really help others out who were once in your position

Week 1 review of UK Pro tile Training:
My only previous experience with tiles is hacking them off to either gain access to pipework or replacing shower valves. I had never laid a tile in my life. In 4 days I’ve completely tiled a mock bathroom. Could I have done this elsewhere? Maybe, maybe not. But the advantage I believe Darren has over others is I have learned the technical theory behind everything I have done. Any idiot with a trowel can stick tiles on the wall, but those same idiots will use a 6mm trowel and standard https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ to stick floor tiles onto a 6mm ply floor!!! I know that would be a disaster which gives me the confidence to walk into my next potentials clients home and advise her what needs to be done to give them the best job their money deserves.

Darren’s teaching methods are to the point, easy to understand and delivered in a way that doesn’t make you feel like a rabbit in headlights. Not a minute is wasted in every day and every excercise we do has meaning to it. He knows what he’s talking about and never hesitates with answers when questions are asked. You can also tell he’s not just another failed tradesman who went into teaching because every single demonstration he does he delivers with speed and pinpoint accuracy. What I like about his teaching style, is that if you’ve made a mistake he isn’t shy about telling you where you’ve gone wrong but let’s you learn from your mistake rather than stopping you before the mistake is made. Who wants a teacher who blows smoke up your arse? Not me.

The 5th day, dedicated to business and natural stone, is worth the money I paid for the entire course. I thought I was pretty good at running my business until today! I’m now currently rebranding as well as adding tile and wet rooms to my skill set. I’m excited about the future of my business and looking forward to growing (and earning a lot more money than I am currently)!

Is the course worth the money? Absolutely.
Is the standard high? Yes!
Do you learn how to tile AND gain the technical know how? Yup.
Would I recommend it to my best mate? Hands down yes.

I’m so happy I chose UKPTT over other providers.

Cheers
Jay (James)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Thanks a lot James for the review of week one, next week is where the training intensifies again, this will also give you the full understanding of how to complete a wet room from start to finish which i know your interested in including all the falls in the tiles, more technical tile challenges to face with more complex problems, I'm sure you will love it.
See you Monday
Darren

Reply to Tiling course recommendation in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock