Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling around door frame in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
J
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just make sure the walls are spot on, you need 100% coverage on those tiles in the wet area.

I’ve not fixed tiles that size before and I would be double checking everything before I even took one from the box.

Don’t rush the tanking stage either that needs to be spot on otherwise that’s going to cost big time!

Progress pics too please :D
Yeah I’m a bit anal when it comes to tanking.. mainly because I deal with leaks all the time in bathrooms so I like to make sure my work is leak free..

Lol I’ll post pics as I go.. unless I really balls it up :confused: haha

OP
J
Reaction score
Just make sure the walls are spot on, you need 100% coverage on those tiles in the wet area.

I’ve not fixed tiles that size before and I would be double checking everything before I even took one from the box.

Don’t rush the tanking stage either that needs to be spot on otherwise that’s going to cost big time!

Progress pics too please :D
When trowling the other boards, you think a 6mm is too small? Would you go with 8mm?

OP
J
Reaction score
Last bit of tanking done after putting in another 30 toggle screws that can take 50kg each on a downward pull!! Next: scrape and clean the tray, membrane installation and then setting out ready for slapping on those bad boys! Been here since 7am

F63E43F2-EA06-4F22-96D7-8D05EA9104B7.jpeg

9890AEAD-6F83-404D-AD1F-13421A3BF73D.jpeg

70E74778-1569-4F5A-9F36-54EBB38DED7F.jpeg

W

Waluigi

Last night I nearly mentioned about spring toggles having a bolt instead of a screw which means the screws aren’t countersunk into the washer. I see you’ve found that out.

OP
J
Reaction score
Last night I nearly mentioned about spring toggles having a bolt instead of a screw which means the screws aren’t countersunk into the washer. I see you’ve found that out.
Haha yes.. it sticks out by about 3-4mm which should fit within the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ as I’m using a 10mm trowel for those big tiles and back buttering the tiles as well. Unless you think I need to do something different? Bas**** builders stacked 3 plasterboards on top of each other so had to go get longer m6 screws to fit the toggles on the wall the shower is on :mad:

Reply to Tiling around door frame in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock