Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Tiling around door frame in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. James De

James De Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Yeah I’m a bit anal when it comes to tanking.. mainly because I deal with leaks all the time in bathrooms so I like to make sure my work is leak free..

Lol I’ll post pics as I go.. unless I really balls it up :confused: haha

2. James De

When trowling the other boards, you think a 6mm is too small? Would you go with 8mm?

3. James De

Last bit of tanking done after putting in another 30 toggle screws that can take 50kg each on a downward pull!! Next: scrape and clean the tray, membrane installation and then setting out ready for slapping on those bad boys! Been here since 7am

F63E43F2-EA06-4F22-96D7-8D05EA9104B7.jpeg

9890AEAD-6F83-404D-AD1F-13421A3BF73D.jpeg

70E74778-1569-4F5A-9F36-54EBB38DED7F.jpeg

4. Waluigi

Waluigi Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Last night I nearly mentioned about spring toggles having a bolt instead of a screw which means the screws aren’t countersunk into the washer. I see you’ve found that out.

5. James De

Haha yes.. it sticks out by about 3-4mm which should fit within the adhesive as I’m using a 10mm trowel for those big tiles and back buttering the tiles as well. Unless you think I need to do something different? Bas**** builders stacked 3 plasterboards on top of each other so had to go get longer m6 screws to fit the toggles on the wall the shower is on :mad:

6. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

I take it you're laying a waterproof membrane over the former?

7. James De

Of course..

• Like Like x 1
  8. timeless john

timeless john Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

He is now you’ve mentioned it!

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. James De

Hahaha the Impey former comes with it all