Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling around a bathtub in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

Mark Parmley

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I've framed my bath in and sealed it onto the surrounding tilebacker with a waterproof sealant and https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. I've also half filled the bath to let it settle.

Couple of questions though...

Firstly, when tile around the tub is it best to leave a small gap between the tile and tub? If so, how big a gap? Or would you recommend tile right down to the surface?

Secondly, I will be measuring and cutting each tile individually just in case my bath isn't flat/square. They'll just be scribed and snapped. Is there a trick to making a scribed edge look less sharp?

OP
W

WetSaw

You want around a 2mm gap between the bath and tile to allow for any movement. The gap is siliconed after grouting so you don't have to worry too much about the cut being smooth although it can be smoothed off with a diamond pad.

Reply to Tiling around a bathtub in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock