Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiling a new career move? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Good luck, I hope your previous job was really really s h I t e, as the building trade is mostly really s h I t e .
I do hope you do well though :)
Not sure on courses , I hear there are some good ones about, a few good tilers on here have done them though

OP
O
Reaction score
Good luck, I hope your previous job was really really s h I t e, as the building trade is mostly really s h I t e .
I do hope you do well though :)
Not sure on courses , I hear there are some good ones about, a few good tilers on here have done them though

Hi Wilder, I have been a prison officer for 12 years so I am hoping for less fighting and riots in the tile trade :) I appreciate your honesty though, thank you

Reaction score
Similar to me then. I can retire from the police this year but need a job where I can more or less chose hours to suit - no more night shifts, plus something I can do when we move back to Germany in the next couple of years.

W

Waluigi

I would have a go at helping out a Tiler for a weekend before biting the bullet and a complete career change.

I only do 20 to 50 square metres per month and the thought of having to tile full time fills me with dread.

I do enjoy it but sometimes it’s a bloody awful trade.

OP
O
Reaction score
I would have a go at helping out a Tiler for a weekend before biting the bullet and a complete career change.

I only do 20 to 50 square metres per month and the thought of having to tile full time fills me with dread.

I do enjoy it but sometimes it’s a bloody awful trade.

I appreciate what you are saying, I have helped out a mate who tiles now and then and the attention to detail I find is fascinating and it is more satisfying then my current job. I am not fully jumping ship just yet, I will do some agency work evenings and weekends to learn the trade more and then start my own business..... hopefully.

W

Waluigi

I think it’s an incredibly rewarding trade. As I said, it’s really bad at times.

One thing you do get with it is a finished product. That in itself is rewarding and makes it a very different trade to say an Electrician where most things are hidden.

OP
O
Reaction score
I think it’s an incredibly rewarding trade. As I said, it’s really bad at times.

One thing you do get with it is a finished product. That in itself is rewarding and makes it a very different trade to say an Electrician where most things are hidden.

you are right, the finished product and always on show, I like that aspect of the trade. I did ground working helping a mate out and 90% of the work has been hidden

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Ox tile.
You have made the right decision coming to us UK Pro tile for your training, we give you everything you need to get out their and make a start as a career in tile, since 2006 we have been delivering pro tile courses and there are many successful forum members started of their paths with us, not only do we teach you the tile skills at the highest levels possible along with a 15000 word hand out covering all the situations, synarios and products, we go through the business essentials as well of how to build a career from nothing starting with the marketing and sales skills required to find and win the tile business.
I will look after you
Regards
Darren
UK Pro tile Training

OP
O
Reaction score
Hi Ox tile.
You have made the right decision coming to us UK Pro tile for your training, we give you everything you need to get out their and make a start as a career in tile, since 2006 we have been delivering pro tile courses and there are many successful forum members started of their paths with us, not only do we teach you the tile skills at the highest levels possible along with a 15000 word hand out covering all the situations, synarios and products, we go through the business essentials as well of how to build a career from nothing starting with the marketing and sales skills required to find and win the tile business.
I will look after you
Regards
Darren
UK Pro tile Training

Hi Darren.
Thank you for your comment, I have booked onto your 9 day course toward the end of April. I am glad I have made the right choice. I am thoroughly looking forward to it. From all of your reviews and testimonials you are clearly the best choice for me.
Thanks again
Jono

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
You will love the course, it's not just a tile course it's a full tile business program of how become a businessman who uses tile skills rather than just be a tiler.

You will see things in a totally different way when I have finished with you and have a clear direction of where to go and what to do when you get there
Our course is pretty unique which is why the reviews say what they say
See you on the course
Darren

OP
O
Reaction score
My brother has just retired from the prison service after 25 years, good luck in your future career.

Whitebeam, It has got to the point for me that I dont want to be in the prison service for another 12 months let alone 12 more years. I fully respect anyone that has done the job and people that are still in the job but for me it's time to start something new. tile has always intrigued me but I didnt want to do an apprenticeship at the age of 30.

W

White Room

Whitebeam, It has got to the point for me that I dont want to be in the prison service for another 12 months let alone 12 more years. I fully respect anyone that has done the job and people that are still in the job but for me it's time to start something new. tile has always intrigued me but I didnt want to do an apprenticeship at the age of 30.

Some of the story's I've heard 12 years is a good length of time for anyone but now time to move on...enjoy.

Reply to Tiling a new career move? in the Tiling Courses - Tile Workshops area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock