Discuss Tiling a floating floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Edit ConversationMark as UnreadStar ConversationLeave Conversation

1. mickey bluActive Member
    Hi everyone need some advise please !
    I have been asked to tile a floating floor ,solid concrete floor then polystyrene sheets with ply face .
    The customer wants underfloor heating fitted as well .
    Tiles will be a porcelain 600x600.
    1.Hardi backer floor
    2. lay underfloor heating
    3.latex floor
    4.Would you use ditra matting as well ?
    Any suggestions welcome thanks in advance .

F

Flintstone

Hello.
Myself, and others on here wouldn’t tile a floating floor. I have in the past without problem but it’s simply not worth the risk, for me. Only you can assess how much deflection there is in the floor, some are more so than others. Hardie make a really thick structural
Board, maybe look towards that

Last edited by a moderator:
O

One Day

The same old problem - not lateral movement, Ditra will cope with that in extremes.
Your problem is down the line when the polystyrene under the floor compresses and you get vertical movement.
I wouldn't tackle it. It's one for the Karndean / Amtico boys.

H

hmtiling

I've done one with blanke permat and loads of fibre slc. The client was aware of risks and 2 years later it's still fine.
Wouldn't do it in my house though

Reply to Tiling a floating floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks