Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiles made from titanium! in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

F

fido69r

Please checkout the following advertisement.
I bought some of wickes urban grey ceramic floor tiles with a view to laying them this week. However, I needed to make a few cuts using the hand tile saw, which I have used many times with ease. Will the saw make a dent in these tiles...No...It defo says they are ceramic, but I'm totally baffled with this phenomenon. Any ideas would be welcome. I don't have an electric wet saw, incase anyone suggests it.:anguished:

OP
F

fido69r

No, it's a brand new bit. Whereby it has cut through other ceramics with ease, it's as if I'm using a file and getting nowhere.

OP
B

Blunt Tool

If you have a grinder, get a diamond tile blade for it, will easily cut thru ceramic

OP
O

One Day

I know the tile. It's a low-grade porcelain.
You will only cut them with a diamond blade, in a wet saw or grinder, or a half-decent tile cutter (even a Rubi will probably manage)

OP
F

fido69r

No, haven't got one.. Might be cheaper to change the tiles, I'm thinking...although it's only small cuts from skirting to door threshold.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
O

One Day

Grinders can be had for ÂŁ15 and a blade for ÂŁ10.
The only outcome I can imagine from a blade in a drill is a long wait in A&E and a feeling of deep regret!

OP
F

fido69r

.. Nice one.. You can tell I haven't used one before then..where can I find a grinder for that price then..I have been looking on eBay.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You can get a wet cutter from screwfix for just over ÂŁ30.
Screenshot_20171011-095155.png

OP
M

Mod

I've been reading stuff on this site for some time. I thought it was a site for tilers to discuss jobs and problem / solutions but it seems to have become some sort of free advice site for diyers and such like who either have messed up the jib or who are trying to catch out the guys (or girls) who they have employed to do a job.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've been reading stuff on this site for some time. I thought it was a site for tilers to discuss jobs and problem / solutions but it seems to have become some sort of free advice site for diyers and such like who either have messed up the jib or who are trying to catch out the guys (or girls) who they have employed to do a job.
This forum is to help tilers or the public on there DIY projects....... If you would like to participate then great....
If not then have a nice day, this forum probably isn't for you... :)

Reply to Tiles made from titanium! in the Tiling Tools - Tile Tools area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock