Discuss Tiles In Your Garage | Tiles In Your Shed | Discontinued Tile Search in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Tiles In Your Garage | Tiles In Your Shed | Discontinued Tile Search

If you're searching for discontinued tiles to replace a couple of broken ones or whatever, then not only can you search the forums for advice on how to find them, you may actually find them on the following website which has been setup to help connect those with old discontinued tiles with those who are searching for them.

You basically need to list ALL the old tiles you have in your garage, shed, loft, under the bath, wherever they may be. Try to include as much information as possible, along with a picture, and hey presto, as soon as somebody needs them you can sell them with no fee's involved at all! (As far as I am aware).
We'll be advertising this website on the forums very soon (just waiting for banners) as we think it's such a great service.

Edit: We have our own forum category for this now. If you're looking for discontinued tiles then post a new thread asking for the tile. Take a picture of the discontinued tiles, the front and the back if possible. And let the members know how many tiles you need. If you have the batch numbers for the tiles that would help too. If you know the age of the tiles then include that in the tile search thread.

If you have discontinued tiles in your garage, shed, lockup, spare bedroom, etc - then please please list those on this website. Include as much information as possible like above, and if you use a good thread title with the tile name in them etc, it shouldn't be long before you've helped somebody out.

You can charge for them, or give them away for free, that's up to you.

Last edited:
J

jamie B

Will take me an age, but I must have tonnes to add..great idea...especially if it can free some space in my lock up!:thumbsup:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I used to recommend tilers to take home spare tiles off a job and label them and store them. Then when the customer has an issue in the future, you have the tiles and will get the repair job, along with, no doubt, more recommendations from your customers.

If you uploaded all those ones (if anybody did listen all them years ago) you could find lots more customers over a period of time ;)

T

Tenchman

I think it will be handy as often people move house but change things around, could pick up some easy money cutting out and fixing tiles back. save client money as well.

:hurray:

Reply to Tiles In Your Garage | Tiles In Your Shed | Discontinued Tile Search in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks