Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tilersforums.co.uk 10th Birthday Party in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
tilersforums.com is 10 years old on April 2nd 2016.

Here's the first thread on the forum from April 2nd 2006: Welcome Guests

So I'm thinking we hold a party on Saturday 2nd April. Somewhere in the midlands so it's going to be easiest for the majority to travel to.

Not sure on the details. We could do with bashing it out in this thread to see what sort of interest we can drum up.

Perhaps if I first stick a poll up to see if anybody would be interested?

I'm thinking black tie event with awards for the decade. Maybe some competitions. Perhaps some hands-on stuff early on in the event? Not sure if it's worth getting changed and whatnot later into the suits mind.

Work in progress?!

I'd like to see some of the old faces who have made the forum what it is, but for whatever reason aren't around anymore. So if you do get in touch with them via other forums or offline, please do pass the message on. It'd be cool to see everybody there.

Last edited:
O

Old Mod

tilersforums.com is 10 years old on April 2nd 2016.

Here's the first thread on the forum from April 2nd 2006: Welcome Guests

So I'm thinking we hold a party on Saturday 2nd April. Somewhere in the midlands so it's going to be easiest for the majority to travel to.

Not sure on the details. We could do with bashing it out in this thread to see what sort of interest we can drum up.

Perhaps if I first stick a poll up to see if anybody would be interested?

I'm thinking black tie event with awards for the decade. Maybe some competitions. Perhaps some hands-on stuff early on in the event? Not sure if it's worth getting changed and whatnot later into the suits mind.

Work in progress?!

I'd like to see some of the old faces who have made the forum what it is, but for whatever reason aren't around anymore. So if you do get in touch with them via other forums or offline, please do pass the message on. It'd be cool to see everybody there.

Sounds like a great idea.
I'd rather go paintballing than pick up a trowel before dinner tho.
Could be quite fun 100 members getting rid of some frustration between us paintballing :D

Alan.P

TF
Reaction score
I don't scrub up well lol, used to be much happier in my boots o_O of course, if I can attend I'll go with the flow :mansshoe::tophat:

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm sure Smart Casual could work? Clothes you'd go out in, not clothes you'd go 'out out' in (casual reference to Micky Flanagan there ;) )
Nah these need to be clothes you go out out out in. Like proper out. No milk or bread or anything.

andy8758

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
I'm with Dan here. Work clothes are covered in cement, salt stains from sweat, and lots of dried blood. I make a point of looking like somebodies accountant when I am not working.

Smart casual is what techno yuppies do to be cool. And I never yet met a "cool" tiler.

Reply to Tilersforums.co.uk 10th Birthday Party in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock