Discuss Tilers straight edge in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

llevram

TF
Reaction score
what do people use as a straight edge when you need one longer than a 6 or 8 ft level if any?

I was wondering if a portable straight edge exists or does anyone have a home made version.

Saw a few videos on Instagram from some Canadian tilers laying large format floor tiles with long metal straight edges and was wondering if anyone knows of anything similar

Thanks I’m advance

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
My dad used to make fire engines and a long piece of aluminium box section fell off one and landed in my van.... :)

20170117_102622.jpg

Ideal for me as I never use spacers on floors, just straight edges..

20170728_091030.jpg

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
upload_2018-1-25_7-3-11.png
This type of thing is what i use, you can buy purpose made straight edges from most tile tool suppliers.

T

TilePalDan

We stock a 3 metre aluminium straight edge if that helps. Thickness 12mm & width 100mm or thereabouts without being next to one to measure it accurately.

O

Old Mod

We stock a 3 metre aluminium straight edge if that helps. Thickness 12mm & width 100mm or thereabouts without being next to one to measure it accurately.
Please be aware that this is a privately owned website.
Advertising is strictly forbidden without prior consent of management.
We’re happy to have you hear to share tips and advice, but please do not link off this site or advertise your products.
Thank you.

Admin.

jobdone

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Our local dry lining supplys stock aluminium straight edges but try a local steel frabicator or suppliers for longer lengths as it should e cheaper

Reply to Tilers straight edge in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks