Discuss Tilers spirit levels?? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
A lazer pays for itself very quickly with the amount of time it saves. I also take it when pricing floors, it takes seconds to check how flat a floor is and whether I need to use slc or allow for an extra couple of bags of adhesive
Also great for leveling floors I set mine up.on the floor and get a long rat bit holder in my drill and making tape it then put a line at the level point then drive screws into the floor to give hight pegs to pour the slc ...
I hope that makes sense ?

H

hmtiling

http://www.NoLinksToThis/p/dewalt-dw088k-self-levelling-line-laser/38474?kpid=KINASEKPID&cm_mmc=GoogleLocal-_-Datafeed-_-Tools&cm_mmc=Google-_-Product Listing Ads-_-Sales Tracking-_-sales tracking url&gclid=CIrM_sSswtICFRBmGwodRhMAjg
These can be got even cheaper than this, they are red a laser, I still use one, I'm buying one like @3_fall has (a green one) in the next few weeks. I promise you Andy you'll never look back :)
mine will be here tomorrow :)

F

Flintstone

So when your in a bathroom setting out the room, do you put the laser in a corner on a tripod or screwed to a wall? Then leave it on all day?
When your setting out a floor with it, do you just plonk it on the floor?
How do you use it to survey the flatness of a floor ?

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
So when your in a bathroom setting out the room, do you put the laser in a corner on a tripod or screwed to a wall? Then leave it on all day?
When your setting out a floor with it, do you just plonk it on the floor?
How do you use it to survey the flatness of a floor ?
Set ur laser up and use a staff or stick with a line marked on it lining up with the laser beam and walk round the floor with the stick putting it to the floor where ever the mark is lower that said beam is a low spot and where ever it's higher than the beam is a hight spot .. is that clear I'm not the best at explainin stuff by text

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have a 10 inch bit holder for my drill that I do the same process but drivin screws into the floor so all the heads are the hight I want my slc pouring to

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Depends on which laser and which way you use it, I screw mine to the wall and set out off that then move it to check for plumb,when using a floor laser o set mine out down my line then either tile to it or set straight edge to that and use it to check my lines as I go. As for surveying, I put mine on the my little tripod, mark the laser line on a Barton or level held up right and move it around the floor and check the pencil mark to the laser line

F

Flintstone

So the laser pattern that they send off isn't a thin line it's like a fan pattern if that makes sense so shining it over a room, it will be always On your legs where ever your stood?

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yea it depends on which one you have the one 3 }fall has is best and I will be getting one soon it does 360 degrees round the room, mine only does 180 ish hence why I have it against a wall, but that horizontal line is constant and then there is one that is vertical as well

O

Old Mod

The best floor laser is the PLS FT90
IMG_8622.JPG

It has four beams and is made of cast metal, totally worth its weight. And it weighs a lot. :)

@Pro Tiler Tools have a flex floor laser which is identical. We all know Flex tools are excellent. Have no reason to believe this is any less than the PLS.

Flex ALC 2-F Floor Laying Laser 393.673 D | Buy Bosch Tiling Lasers, Lasers for Tiling, Laser Levels, Rotary Lasers Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/bosch-tiling-lasers-lasers-for-tiling-laser-levels-rotary-lasers/43106/flex-alc-2-f-floor-laying-laser-393673-d

Kyle Knowles

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
The only issues with using the laser to level floors is that u get asked to level floor for other floor coverings like bloody kahndean damn them taking my floors
thanks this is the one I've been looking at ordering on now
I have that one my self and I wouldn't be without it now it makes everything so much easier

D

Dumbo

Also great for leveling floors I set mine up.on the floor and get a long rat bit holder in my drill and making tape it then put a line at the level point then drive screws into the floor to give hight pegs to pour the slc ...
I hope that makes sense ?
I do the same

P

Pro Tiler Tools

The best floor laser is the PLS FT90
View attachment 88487

It has four beams and is made of cast metal, totally worth its weight. And it weighs a lot. :)

@Pro Tiler Tools have a flex floor laser which is identical. We all know Flex tools are excellent. Have no reason to believe this is any less than the PLS.

Flex ALC 2-F Floor Laying Laser 393.673 D | Buy Bosch Tiling Lasers, Lasers for Tiling, Laser Levels, Rotary Lasers Online from Pro Tiler Tools - http://www.*******************/bosch-tiling-lasers-lasers-for-tiling-laser-levels-rotary-lasers/43106/flex-alc-2-f-floor-laying-laser-393673-d

We also have one very similar made by ProNivo it also gives you a 45 deg line.

ProNivo PNTL 45 Floor Tiling Laser With 90 & 45° Lines | Buy Bosch Tiling Lasers, Lasers for Tiling, Laser Levels, Rotary Lasers Online from Pro Tiler Tools - https://www.*******************/bosch-tiling-lasers-lasers-for-tiling-laser-levels-rotary-lasers/48727/pronivo-pntl-45-floor-tiling-laser-with-90-45%C2%B0-lines

We have had really good feedback from these and they are cheaper than some of the alternatives :)

Reply to Tilers spirit levels?? in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks