Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Tilers getting the blame for ufh burning out . in the General Chat Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. jcrtiling

jcrtiling Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler TTA Member Top Contributor

Ufh are very quick to blame the tiler for ufh wires burning out due to tenting when sticking down wires with tape but what about this. 20181108_154506.jpg you may have to enlarge it to see the gap . But my taping is always 100 percent better than that .

2. Uheat - Jake

Uheat - Jake Tilers Forums Official Sponsor TF Official Sponsor

The best way to stick a cable down if using loose wire is to tape it, before then coming along with a glue gun and gluing the cable firmly in place. Then remove the tape. From our experience not only can the tape create air gaps, but some adhesives won't stick to it either.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Chalker

Chalker Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner

Self levelling should run in there, if moved around enough.

4. jcrtiling

What is self levelling . I use a levelling compound but it doesn't do it on its own . I got to mix it , pour it , spread it , spike roller it . I even got to get it from the shop . There is nothing self about it .
    And what about these companies that say you don't have level over the top just crack on with tiling, adhesive isn't going to run through there .

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. jcrtiling

The best way if zc using loose cable is .ditra heat , vario pro , dural cifh etc ,

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. 3_fall

3_fall Administrator. Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

[​IMG]

Have a bad day Jerry? :p

7. jcrtiling

No mate just saying. They are always quick to blame and use something feeble . Them and adhesive manufacturer's oh and tile manufacturers and................

• Like Like x 1
  8. JulianSidney

JulianSidney Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

had a job where the customer instead the electrician did the ufh install.
    anyone spot the problems on this shower room floor? WP_20170918_08_00_39_Pro.jpg
    I had a do off

9. Waluigi

Waluigi Professional Tiler Top Contributor

The joint isnt buried in the floor and the UFH wire is in another galaxy.

• Agree Agree x 1