Discuss Tiler or Plumber that tanks a wet room? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Chalker

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Go for a manufacturer course. The trouble with most colleges is that they are years behind the actual trade.

Reaction score
Ah right, what should the end test unit involve? Surely they must deliver all units, or cskills wouldn't issue the qualification?

Hopefully it's a typo and theyve forgot to put it on the website. There is an online test and stuff throughout the course it says on the website it's called evolve or something like that.

Hopefully the level 2 will be enough then, I should be half decent after a years training, they say they get you out doing work experience too so maybe that could lead to employment

Reaction score
The qualification is a 50/50 course you have 7 theory end test & 7 practical timed end test all of which you must pass to gain the qualification ,the course I deliver is 3 days a week for 18 weeks & you must be in on benefits or pay for it yourself,in all its a start up qualification so yes definitely look for other forms of training offered by companies like ardex, bal,schluter,they all offer training .& Remember your never to old to learn m8

Reaction score
The qualification is a 50/50 course you have 7 theory end test & 7 practical timed end test all of which you must pass to gain the qualification ,the course I deliver is 3 days a week for 18 weeks & you must be in on benefits or pay for it yourself,in all its a start up qualification so yes definitely look for other forms of training offered by companies like ardex, bal,schluter,they all offer training .& Remember your never to old to learn m8

Hi Andy,

Sign up for a goodie bag at www.schluterandu.co.uk and once registered you can see the available dates for the courses. In addition the calendar also shows when were at trade events nationwide so a good opportunity to meet the consultant for your area.

Thanks, Carl.

Reaction score
Cheers Andy I enrol this week, really looking forward to get to getting started. I'm on jobseekers they told me I was eligable for the funding over the phone. I'll definitely back up the training with one of the other courses you mention, I'll need to know everything if I do ever go self employed! I definitely will try get on with a company first though, I think there will be loads of tricks of the trade to pick up off people that have been doing it for years!

Reply to Tiler or Plumber that tanks a wet room? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks