Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tiler needed - porcelain Tiles on 35sqm in the Tiling Work | Tiling Jobs - Tilers Required area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

SammyK

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I need a floor tiler to lay large format porcelain tiles on the floor and the skirting.

The floor is a newly built extension. The current floor is 12mm marine plywood on top of chipboard which is attached directly to the joists.

I have chosen but not yet bought the Porcelain tiles. I have received some conflicting advice on whether to use ditra mat so will need professional guidance on that.

image.jpg

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Defo something over that ply, patchy snd ply not staggered , who has done that ?
Either matting or cement board for me

OP
S

SammyK

TF
Reaction score
Hi, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts. I really wish that we hadn’t built the extension. It is almost impossible to get consistent honest advice or good quality work. I’m so fed up! It was actually put down by a professional carpenter. I saw his membership card.
I’ve spent so much money already that it feels like I am throwing it down the drain! Can I ask whether I need to let the matting / cement board dry and for how many days. Thank you.

W

WetSaw

I thought it looked a bit tight at the doors for backer board plus tile.
How much room have you got there?
The floor looks a bit wavy too but that might be the photos.

Reply to Tiler needed - porcelain Tiles on 35sqm in the Tiling Work | Tiling Jobs - Tilers Required area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock