Discuss Tilemaster Grout 3000 charcoal in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Have a plank job coming up and they want an anthracite grout colour..
Has anyone used the grout 3000 charcoal..?
Dose it go patchy like a lot of the darker colour grouts can if your not totally spot on with the cleaning off.
I've used bal charcoal in the past and that tends to look awful if you over wet it to much..
Any other suggestions for an easy to use (if there is such a thing) dark colour grout.
Prefer not to use Mapei, if possible.

F

Flintstone

I’ve used it a few times, even in my own home, I haven’t noticed any discolouring on it or patchiness but it’s very hard to use, you need to leave it to really firm up

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've used the grey colours and jasmin alot.... Is it the same as them to use ?
Apart from more of a pain to clean off

Reaction score
Have a plank job coming up and they want an anthracite grout colour..
Has anyone used the grout 3000 charcoal..?
Dose it go patchy like a lot of the darker colour grouts can if your not totally spot on with the cleaning off.
I've used bal charcoal in the past and that tends to look awful if you over wet it to much..
Any other suggestions for an easy to use (if there is such a thing) dark colour grout.
Prefer not to use Mapei, if possible.

Used the Ultra Charcoal on a couple of displays recently, got interrupted by customers, the norm, so it was on for a while but cleaned up fine.

S

Spare Tool

Been flitting between grout 3000 and Ultra flexijoint for a while Andy, the ultra charcoal and Anthracite waswash off well, the anthracite goes off very quickly so gotta do quite small areas at a time, there charcoal is more of a dark grey..
WP_20171028_15_38_26_Pro.jpg

O

One Day

Grout 3000 would be my first choice, but as already mentioned, it needs a long time to firm up. One advantage though, if you leave it too long, it cleans up well enough with a white emulsifying pad, where most other grouts would be very difficult to shift.

Reply to Tilemaster Grout 3000 charcoal in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks