Discuss tile sizes in a standard hall in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Zach

TF
Reaction score
I’m planning on tiling my kitchen, hall and cloaks with a porcelain grey gloss tile. Everywhere I’ve looked so far only seem to stock 60x60 tiles. I’m only buying a standard house and I think this would mean a tile and a half width int he hall which in my head doesn’t sound like it would look right.

If the hall is 90cm wide would you lay a 60 down the centre and lay cut tiles either side? Or should I keep trying to find 45x45 or 40x40 tiles?

Does anyone have a picture of 60x60 in a standard width hallway?

Alternatively I could get 30x60 and lay lengthways down the hall but I didn’t really want to have the staggered effect.

Thanks all

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You don't have to stagger a 600x300

IMG_20190117_141128.jpg

O

Old Mod

If the only tile you can find that you like is a 60 x 60, lay them off the center line so that you have two equal cuts of approx 450mm.

T

Time's Ran Out

Lay them brick design 60x30cm so then full tile and half tile - half tile and full tile. No straight lines to look at and for DIY easier.

Reply to tile sizes in a standard hall in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks