Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile router- yay or nay?! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hey lads, came across the almighty Bosch GTR30CE and wondered what the pros think of it!... Go old school with the angle grinder, hole saw and drill, or next gen tile routers? Appreciate your opinions in advance. ;)

OP
O

Old Mod

Says on that website yeah.

Oh ok!
To be fair I normally just drill a hole in a piece of MDF or Hardibacker first with whatever size bit I'm about to use.
Then place that on top of the tile, then fill the cavity with water, place one foot either side of the hole and usin the board as a template drill through!
Means u can drill right up to the edge of a tile and it not break out!

OP
S

Spare Tool

Oh ok!
To be fair I normally just drill a hole in a piece of MDF or Hardibacker first with whatever size bit I'm about to use.
Then place that on top of the tile, then fill the cavity with water, place one foot either side of the hole and usin the board as a template drill through!
Means u can drill right up to the edge of a tile and it not break out!
That's a great tip, saves faffing around with a sucker guide, and plenty of water from the off

Reply to Tile router- yay or nay?! in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock