Discuss Tile Rite levelling system clips breaking in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I got hold of some of the above from the well known builders warehouse. When using the tool to push in the wedges, several of the clips broke at one side and it was a royal PITA to lift the tile and get another in. Is this down to the quality of the clips or am I doing something wrong? If it's the clips, would I be better spending more on Genesis or Perfect Level?

Thanks.

O

Old Mod

Not sure I know the’Tile Rite’ system, but snapping clips are caused by several reasons.
Firstly, most commonly by being heavy handed, and expecting too much from it.
Poor quality, of which there are many.
Damage caused by forcing them in with a trowel.
Damage caused by kicking or standing on them by accident.
If none of the above, change your brand.
And you don’t need to go to the expense of PLM to get a good quality clip.
Premtool by @Pro Tiler Tools are perfectly adequate, and are by no means the most expensive.

Can’t comment on Genesis I’m afraid, not used them either.

D

Dumbo

I use bright ideas much the same . Any which are folded to one side throw away as these will break but I never use the pliers .

O

Old Mod

You only like the ones that you can have your logo on, narcissist
Haha I was actually taliking about regular style clips, there’s nothing else on the market that is like my personalised system so don’t use it as a comparison.

All that said, I was asked to test another system by a major supplier the other day, and if the price comes in where we hope it will, I’ll be changing supplier, no question. :)

D

Dumbo

Are they personalised ones as well . Oh and by the way im still waiting for my MTT t-shirt that I requested a while back .

B

Blunt Tool

Thought someone said to soak the clips in hot water, especially in cold conditions? Makes them more subtle and less likely to break?

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Tile Rite levelling system clips breaking in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks