Discuss Tile removal, straight flush cut blade wanted. in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

O

Old Mod

Morning tool geeks,

I've a porcelain floor to remove from around a very expensive kitchen this week and I'm looking for a high quality diamond multi tool blade that will cut through porcelain enough to enable me to break out corner pieces from around units.

or does anyone have a different technique that they use?

All suggestions (sensible ones anyway) welcome.:)

Cheers guys & gals.

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
20170806_101145.png

:):):)

(Sorry couldn't resist it)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
You certainly enjoy a challenge don't you !

When you say an expensive kitchen I take it it's not one you can just take the kick boards off or are we talking the end panel's that your frightened of damaging?

O

Old Mod

You certainly enjoy a challenge don't you !

When you say an expensive kitchen I take it it's not one you can just take the kick boards off or are we talking the end panel's that your frightened of damaging?

Live for it Andy :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

The decor panels that can be removed, have already been removed by the joiner that fitted the kitchen 18 months ago mate. There's still 2-3 mid unit that can't come out.
Is it expensive?
Well,, under the decor panels is a small brushed steel foot, about 5mm high and a 2-3mm narrower than the decor panel.
He asked if this detail would still remain, when I suggested the possibility of a 1-2mm silicone joint around it to mask any possible remaining tile, I genuinely thought I'd have to call an ambulance Andy! :tearsofjoy:

W

WetSaw

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Life is too easy for you Paul

Oh yes, everything straight forward here:sunglasses:, you've clearly never worked on a Spanish house:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.

If the screed is blown can you not work back towards the units undermining the tiles so they break easier. Score the tile and tap it with a club hammer..

O

Old Mod

Oh yes, everything straight forward here:sunglasses:, you've clearly never worked on a Spanish house:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:.

If the screed is blown can you not work back towards the units undermining the tiles so they break easier. Score the tile and tap it with a club hammer..

Haha yeah I know have your fair share mate.
The screed is fine, it's just bad prep and floor is blown. But undermining the edge pieces may well be worth trying.
I'm expecting the pieces to fall away anyway but just in case......

Reply to Tile removal, straight flush cut blade wanted. in the Tile Tools | any Country any make any model area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Tiling Tools

Find the cheapest price for both professional and DIY wall and floor tiling tools in the UK. Brands such as Rubi, Genesis, Fein, Karl Dahm, isomat, Schluter, Tilemaster and more.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks