Discuss Tile leveller loose after the wedge being pushed all in on 8mm tile in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

S

Spare Tool

Not here for a fight fellow tilers!
Well try and get genuinely involved then and don't push for its your way or the highway...no point joining just to berate other tilers methods just because you don't use them, I might add you are actually in the minority that don't use clips or lasers so you may very well learn a few 'tips tricks and handy hints' yourself and who knows we may learn a couple off you..and that 'fellow tiler' was an olive branch before it gets misinterpreted.

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I have no problem using a levelling system I think if we are honest we have all experienced movement and slight sinkage of tiles as the adhesive below cures which is really annoying as you know that they were perfectly aligned when fixed but each to there own I guess . Kop

Kcoh

TF
Reaction score
Just an update, It is safe to say this system will definitely work.

image.jpg image.jpg

B

Bill

Another good thing about using clips - if you have bedded the tiles correctly and used the clip system like the Raimondi style - then you can also work on top of the newly laid tiles as the clips hold the tiles in place - saved many an hour not waiting for adhesive to set before cutting in when doing awkward spaces and doorways etc.

I

Italy

Another good thing about using clips - if you have bedded the tiles correctly and used the clip system like the Raimondi style - then you can also work on top of the newly laid tiles as the clips hold the tiles in place - saved many an hour not waiting for adhesive to set before cutting in when doing awkward spaces and doorways etc.
good tom, finally a very useful answer in this thread.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I've not come on here to "nick jobs" or make enemies. I've simply got bored in an evening, and only posted on here to help the people who have asked and want some advice. I don't travel out of about 20 mile radius, and never fix other rubbish tilers work without a complete rip-out and start again approach. I've obviously touched a nerve about clips with a few tilers, but fine, everybody works differently. I'm obviously old-school, but I don't think that warrants the abuse I've been dealt. Not here for a fight fellow tilers!

:fearscream::blush::blush::blush:
I know you ain’t ‘coming over here nicking our jobs’ it was tongue in cheek comment .
You must be really really old to not get me wit ;)
And saying ‘old school’ , ffs , worst saying in the world , even I don’t use a 2x1 to mix anymore, move with the times old chap
Ps are you as old as timeless John :)

M

MTiler

I just think the old methods are best, that's all. I still trust a spirit level bubble over a laser. I would back fill a banana tile before laying also.
If i didnt use a 360o laser level to work on the rooms I do it would take forever and on some jobs damn near impossible. Things change and develop.

Reaction score
Have only been using clips for the last few years and mainly on plank tiles, 60x60cms, and on all larger tile installations, 60x120cms and 120x120cms (largest size I have worked with). I think there are a few misconceptions about levelling systems that seem logical but are not true once you have used them.

Have never experienced a tile "lift" to align with one that is higher. The force required (due to suction of a correct bed of adhesive) would snap the clip.

Also the wedges do not "magically" align 2 tiles that have major lippage, again the clip would snap with the tension, they are not a short cut to good practices, the tiles have to be virtually flush before clipping, they pull in to a degree but by a few mm at most.

On the plus side they do bind all the tiles together nicely and as Tom mentioned do allow you to walk on tiles just laid without fear of disturbing anything.

I use Raimondi and tried the larger clips on a outside job with 20mm porcelain that were 120x60cm and proved to be an absolute god send... Just my two pennies' worth

Reply to Tile leveller loose after the wedge being pushed all in on 8mm tile in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks