Discuss Tile leveller loose after the wedge being pushed all in on 8mm tile in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Well it is the countries biggest county & people do say it's god'd country also last time I looked man where man sheep were nervous & the women well depending from which part of Yorkshire they come , but I married a Manc & move there to educate the great unwashed :p:p Oh yes did I mention it's the best county also

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I use them because my City & Guilds is in Plumbing. :D

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I was “Anti-Clips” when they first came out, and the old,

“I’ve been doing it this way for years”

But things have moved on, and new “stuff” has come out, and continually coming out. I’ve had to almost retrain myself in all of these new products. Some I like, some I don’t........but you can’t knock any of them without trying them.

Ohhhh, this is far to serious for me, and on a long weekend as well ;)

I

Italy

I was “Anti-Clips” when they first came out, and the old,

“I’ve been doing it this way for years”

But things have moved on, and new “stuff” has come out, and continually coming out. I’ve had to almost retrain myself in all of these new products. Some I like, some I don’t........but you can’t knock any of them without trying them.

Ohhhh, this is far to serious for me, and on a long weekend as well ;)
all are anti-clips before using them
minus me, who used them when they were born. ahah

S

Spare Tool

I'm not having any more negative posts about Yorkshire!
Erm last time I mentioned Yorkshire you jumped ship and moved your border to Derbyshire Andy.. ;)
Never heard so much twoddle about clips and lasers, use them correctly as they were intended and what's the problem in there fine tuning capabilities, oh and I've yet to see a 30m long spirit level...

F

Flintstone

I couldn't carry out some of the work I do without a laser and clips, not to the same standard anyway.
I'm on the boarder Andy, I'm a Yorkshire man who's crossed the threshold !

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Did someone mention lasers?

631DCAD3-ABBD-45F9-9FF1-10B817D22E36.gif

:tearsofjoy:

O

Old Mod

Just as a useless piece of information,
the MLT system is now endorsed by

Laminam of Crossville
Kerama Marrazzi
Atlas Concord
Trend for Tiles.

And adhesive companies

Mapei
Ardex
Laticrete
Bostick
Custom Building Products
Tec.

O

One Day

Anyone who thinks they can install thin large format tiles perfectly without clips, even on a perfect substrate is totally and completely deluded.

Reaction score
Clips are fine Huddersfield , there’s nothing wrong with them.
And they ‘push the tile not lift it .the bits of plastic which are left won’t cause a problem, unless you have some scientific mumbo jumbo to say otherwise :) .
They are most defo a must on large tiles, say above 600x600 and plank tiles, like someone has said , a lot of planks are bent, due to either just being cheap ‘s hit , or being stacked on a uneven surface in a long trip .
Bloody Yorkshireman coming here, nicking our jobs ;)
I've not come on here to "nick jobs" or make enemies. I've simply got bored in an evening, and only posted on here to help the people who have asked and want some advice. I don't travel out of about 20 mile radius, and never fix other rubbish tilers work without a complete rip-out and start again approach. I've obviously touched a nerve about clips with a few tilers, but fine, everybody works differently. I'm obviously old-school, but I don't think that warrants the abuse I've been dealt. Not here for a fight fellow tilers!

Reply to Tile leveller loose after the wedge being pushed all in on 8mm tile in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks