Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile leveling System 600x300 rectified porcelain in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia
O

Old Mod

The thing about clips is, they’re not meant to apply pressure, if you’re applying pressure the tile is not installed correctly.
A firm seating yes, pressure, no.
There’s quite a few old wives tales associated with this product, and there are many threads on here that bare that out.
Quite simply they’re a tool designed to hold a piece in place during the time it takes adhesives to set.
It’s things like ‘applying pressure’ that has led to major https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ companies to frown upon them.
When in reality, used correctly, they are a great aid to the fitter.

W

WetSaw

I like to use 1mm clips then whatever size spacer you want to use. I find the clips are easier to break this way and, because I'm not the cleanest, less https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ ends up around the clip.

G

GoneGuy

I do the same as @pdc and use 1mm clips and use whichever size spacers as this makes it easier to break the clip off and for the ones that don’t break off it’s easier to get a Stanley knife in to cut it out

S

Spare Tool

They are indeed two mill, generally use them on floors so use these clips with a three mill spacer as well, they snap off fine as long as you keep your joints clean

Reply to Tile leveling System 600x300 rectified porcelain in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock