Discuss Tile flexible adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

63customs

Hi im putting underfloor heating in the kitchen and was wondering can I use any tile adhesive to fix the insulation boards or does it have to be flexible adhesive. I know I need flexible adhesive for the tiles. Any help would be appreciated

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Any Adhesive suitable for ufh would be fine....
For instance weber set plus is suitable for ufh, but isn't marketed as a flexible adhesive....... Most adhesive suitable for porcelain tiles have a certain amount of flexibility....... But as always read the bag or check with the manufacturer..

63customs

Thanks for That, yes it is a concrete floor. I' watching to many videos on tiling and I'm starting to over think what should be a straight forward job. It' just that I'm laying 1m x 230mm tiles and need to get this right as they are quite expensive

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
It's quite straight forward....
Prime the floor with suitable acrylic Primer, stick down the insulation boards, when dry lay the ufh, level over the ufh using a flexible SLC, prime the floor then tile using a flexible adhesive, when dry grout using a flexible grout, leave for 3 to 4 weeks to fully cure then turn the ufh on low to start, building up the temperature gradually just a couple of degrees per day until its up to temperature.

Reply to Tile flexible adhesive in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks