Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Tile brands and boarding bathroom ceiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Stan7

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
My other half has found some bathroom wall tiles for our future refit and I wanted to know if Sunset, Canada and HD Mimeo are decent tile brands/manufacturers or if they are a bit ropey?

As the bathroom is quite small, my usual plasterer is not interested in boarding and skim the ceiling. I will be trying to find a recommended local tiler but wanted to know if a tiler would consider boarding and skimming a ceiling or if this will go down like a lead balloon?

Thanks

O

One Day

very ropey. We all hate them!
so much so BCT who make them (or at least the HD Mimeo) have just gone into administration!

OP
S

Stan7

TF
Reaction score
Thanks, impish. I did see BCT had gone into administration so that's at least one dropped off the list!

T

Time's Ran Out

Have a look at a Tiler from our forum list, see their work and compare with other estimates.
Bristol in the snow sounds good!

W

Waluigi

tile and plastering is sometimes linked.

When I say that I mean that there are some people about that do both, well.

Your job is to try to find that person. A little hint, if someone says yes they will have a go then it’s unlikely they can. Plastering is something you either can or can’t do. On the plus side, skimming bare plasterboard is the easiest part of plastering there is.

Good luck with your search. Keep in mind you could just hire a plasterer to do the plastering and a Tiler to do the tile. It’s really down to the individual as to what they can and cannot do.

OP
S

Stan7

TF
Reaction score
Thanks, Waluigi. I do want to use a plasterer to do the ceiling but my regular plasterer said it is too small a job so I was a little concerned I might struggle to find a plasterer to do the job.

Does anyone have any experience of using Sunset or Canada tiles?

Hope you all stay safe in the snow

OP
S

Stan7

TF
Reaction score
They are lathe and plaster ceilings that are cracked, with the other rooms they have been boarded and skimmed as they have been decorated.

D

Dumbo

They are lathe and plaster ceilings that are cracked, with the other rooms they have been boarded and skimmed as they have been decorated.
As Lakey says you could dry line . Essentially meaning overboard with a tapered edge board . Tape the joint and then fill with jointing compound and then rub down and decorate .

OP
S

Stan7

TF
Reaction score
Thank you. Drylining sounds like a good option for the ceiling.

We visited a few tile shops yesterday and liked tiles made by Johnson Tiles and Himalaya. Does anyone have any comments about either brand?

OP
S

Stan7

TF
Reaction score
So I think we have found a tile that might be *the one*, it is an Original Style tile Pescara Sabbia. I am aware of Original Style Victorian floor tiles but does anyone have any comment on their wall tiles or this particular tile?

Thanks very much

Reply to Tile brands and boarding bathroom ceiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock