Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Tilers Insurance area for awesome prices on Van Insurance and Public Liability Insurance for Wall and Floor Tilers

Discuss Threshold between bathroom and bedroom. in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Pritch

Pritch Active Member

Hi
    With a 10 mm tile,backer board , electric under floor heating and self leveling I'm thinking I may need a 20 mm threshold for between my bedroom carpet and the bathroom.
    The problem is,I can seem to find one.
    Any ideas please?
    Thanks

2. Plan Tec Tiling

Plan Tec Tiling Administrator Staff Member Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler JOTM Winner Top Contributor

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tom Astley

Tom Astley Trusted Advisor Professional Tiler

Or, peel back the carpet and add something underneath (graduated slope - various ways to do it) to bring the carpet to a higher level..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Waluigi

Waluigi Professional Tiler Top Contributor

Various choices. I often use Oak which I cut, chamfer and sometimes rebate. Sometimes use the coloured threshold strips to match the tile. I’m not keen on the chrome or gold bars to be honest. You can use them though.

You might be surprised how much height carpet underlay and carpet is. Sometimes a bit of 4mm hardboard or something helps under the carpet.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pritch

Pritch Active Member

Never thought of that one. Thanks

6. Pritch

Pritch Active Member

Thanks for the help .
    Much appreciated.