Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Thistle one coat Plaster in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Aye my experience of one coat was the blue circle stuff from a bygone era, it was like chewing gum to apply, you could only apply it by troweling in one direction.

acaciaguy

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What would the opinion be on using rapid set https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ instead of one coat to level / patch ?

Last edited:

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I use rapid set https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ quite often to patch or build up small areas, depending on thickness you may have to apply several coats.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Will depend a lot on depth and areas to be coated backgrounds together with weight and type of tile to be applied.
There are lots of good fast setting patching mortars and plasters available also.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
It’s lovely to see pics of high end work and I sometimes get involved In it but this is bread and butter stuff right here and I’m not ashamed to admit it.

Old lady having a hip replacement done and the old dear won’t be able to get her leg over.......the Bath. Popping a tray in instead and fighting with the space and trying to bond it to the deck so there’s only a tiny step. All good fun :thumbsup:

Same as, it’s nice to do fancy wetrooms with top end gear but I would much rather be doing normal bathrooms in normal houses.
I bet your getting plenty of tea and biscuits too!

OP
W

Waluigi

My margins are often better on the mid range Bathrooms. Some of the high end work is so labour intensive that you don’t end up making that much.

Target nowadays is under £10k for a full refit.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
W

Waluigi

Thats what I meant about space being tight for boarding out

718B1E89-EA5B-45DC-BA53-52D4C705B40C.jpeg

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Yep, that’s tight alright!

OP
W

Waluigi

Yeah you can see the tray overhung the door lining so I had to use the tanking tape and tank over that.

Hopefully the old Dear will be happy.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Gonna need a door stop on that floor too!

Reply to Thistle one coat Plaster in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock