Discuss This will be a long tiling job !!! in the Australia area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Today a nightmare. Last of the 3.2s to cut and stick :eek::eek::eek::mad: Notice the fracture showed customer ,good as gold "ill get another" Yes please and get someone else to cut it lol. Another error whist being under pressure from client as he is moving in tomorrow. Look closely. Have one tile to fit in another room client forgot to order last in the chain. Plumber in there yesterday :eek::eek::eek: QQRCPcSUSuOnmmOnnbVFKw.jpg pTePSovRRSy+AZTjGHK95w.jpg 1jKUy5dOTCiEiLIWoG4ruA.jpg 51o5pWUdRlmoYcQ77CefhQ.jpg 1jKUy5dOTCiEiLIWoG4ruA.jpg Ssv%a6MXQ0aEdE8Nk2S0ng.jpg

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
I could Jerry, but then I’d have to kill you. :D
We have been very fortunate to have people like @3_fall , @GaryTheTiler give us some of their secrets. So they stay secret as there not ours to share. One day maybe we will be able to help people once were good enough ;););):D Started floor yesterday thinking this will be easy :eek::eek: Different techniques in moving and laying nearly went home after having to lift a tile that I measured wrong :rolleyes::rolleyes: 08ZaQ2D1TmSKZCO3BG1X6Q.jpg Ny4qHa0LQKaIt0scZ0XD+w.jpg

image.png

I

Italy

sorry simon, why did you make the walls first and the floor afterwards?
it's just a question, because I do the opposite :)

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
Good question. We were asked to do walls first by client. He thought it would be easier to do the chain. We also had to wait for the 3.2 on the floor which didn't arrive until the 1st June. We double tanked the rooms with Isomat 2 part waterproofing and used their waterproof and anti fracture mat as well. I would have preferred floors fist but its water tight with 3mm gap for silicone

Reply to This will be a long tiling job !!! in the Australia area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks