Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss This one nearly broke me!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United States of America

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Was 2 weeks late starting this one to be fair.
Complete rip out, back to block, got it boarded out, ditched the window in the shower area and built them a Jack and Jill alcove (Should have kept my mouth shut as the brief was to just lose the window).
Finally start tile (remember I take ages to tile and I feel pressure anyway 'cos I'm aware it's their only bathroom) and she says 'I'm getting worried as all the family are coming to stay at the weekend!!' :coldsweat:
So had to work all weekend, Bank holiday - 10 and 11 hour days, no time to eat etc..

Here's how it went anyway

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

O

Old Mod

That’s bloody lovely Nick, client must have been pleased as punch mate, very nicely done.

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Great work.
What’s the shower tray?

Slim line white slate effect Mode tray (everything else was Mode too - Victoria plum I believe)
Tiles from Porcelanosa and the only thing I supplied was the comfort height toilet.

The tray is very non slip and durable, really resists scratches and staining but the fall is quite shallow on them so puddles up a bit with a lot of water flow - that with the frameless enclosure may make it prone to leak so hopefully my siliconing has done the job.

They are well chuffed and I can't wait to fit the last bits next week when I do their porch. Got a lovely big bottle of posh Bourbon for my effort to get it done on time.
Customer's a teacher at my son's primary school (3rd teacher from there I've done now)

OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Day rate Marc, though with the 11 hour shifts I'm billing hourly rates.

Last edited:
OP
macten

macten

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Sorry Marc :p

Reply to This one nearly broke me!! in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock