Discuss Theresa May. How long in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

Dumbo

Not long I hope . I just get the feeling she is really going to mess it up . We will be on the outside looking in with no influence and still subject to eu rules oh and course still paying out .

W

Waluigi

Interesting times.

To be fair to Theresa May, I don’t think anyone would’ve managed to get anything from the EU other than paying a phenomenal amount of money and sacrificing the sovereignty that the people initially wanted.

At this stage, no deal is looking likely.

Reece Mogg might be in next. What the hell, I don’t care anymore. He has just as much chance as anyone else.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Interesting times.

To be fair to Theresa May, I don’t think anyone would’ve managed to get anything from the EU other than paying a phenomenal amount of money and sacrificing the sovereignty that the people initially wanted.

At this stage, no deal is looking likely.

Reece Mogg might be in next. What the hell, I don’t care anymore. He has just as much chance as anyone else.

I suspect that if the leader had not been a remainer then the impetus to drive a harder deal would have been greater.

The problem arose when David Cameron took the vote to the country and didn't expect the result that came back. We were on the back foot from that point.

W

Waluigi

I’m amazed nobody has resigned yet. Makes you wonder what exactly is in that paper. I genuinely don’t feel that it would be possible to get a good deal. I think it will just be a deal. A terrible deal. That’s why I’d prefer no deal and let us find our own way again.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Career politicians, no experience in the real world. It's all snouts in the trough who suck up to big businesses in return for a position once they leave politics.

D

Dumbo

The trouble is we should walked away from the negotiating table when we realised they didn't want to negotiate and left it in there court if they wanted to talk . They have stonewalled and we kept trying so they had us exactly where they want us .

W

Waluigi

As far as I’m concerned nothing anybody will do will provide an acceptable deal with the EU so we may as well just have a clean break now. The alternative will be a lack of confidence with May, get someone else in who won’t be able to get a good deal and eventually we will just leave with no deal.

All these talks of a Canada style super deal are cloud cuckoo land. It’s not going to happen. It’s pointless even discussing it. Clean break. Things will be terrible for some people but it’s the only way.

Reply to Theresa May. How long in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
po-tay-toes
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks