Discuss The Great Sigma Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
i have had montolit mate so i know what id be getting if i used a sigma. as i have said, i know they are a good cutter but i prefer rubi's visibility. if i am going to be honest, my favorite rubi is the ts60plus, thats the only cutter i am going to keep. the tile cutter only does so much of the work :thumbsup:
You gotta be kidding , the montolit is a king next to the Ts+ , i know cos ive owned both, i got rid of my ts70+ last year as it struggled to cut large format porcelain , i remember fitting 60m2 of 600 x 300 porcs on a floor and the only way to break the tile cleanly with the rubi was to score and then remove it and bang the tile on the upturned handle , as for visibility on the monty it couldnt be any easier simply line your marks on the breaking blade , if you prefer rubi you would be better off with the tx series with its moveable breaker...:thumbsup:

F

fipple

Just to add!...i eventually got the 3a ..plus case!...2 be honest...it really doesnt need a case but hey:incazzato:cost only £50 from dal tech...Ive never used a sigma b4 and all i have to say is...wow!! what an amazing machine....very robust...no thrills..very practical and efficently basic...as i said no bells n whistles...nothing gimmicky at all...THE CUTTING!!....utterly perfect for me...and its only been a few days using it...imo...and ive used rubi..this is far superior for me...if i do buy a rubi to add to the arsenal it will likely be the ti-66-s ..but as for pull cutters it will always be a sigma..hope this helps..because i debated for ages and i dont regret buying the 3a at all:smilewinkgrin:

A

Aston

oh ive had enough of this thread ..lol

c,mon dave, lets buy a sigma mate. you go first and i'll follow..we could do it on the grounds of 'experimental impartiality'...:thumbsup:

i was born in 1969 and sigma started in 1969, so its all fate :lol:

B

borgie

I used one of these to cut 660 porcelanosa tiles and it was nothing short of awesome! Took 10mm off clean and square.

Have you seen the size of it though? Its HUGE!

i have only seen them on the net. Can't find them for less than £1715, so it's just ouf my range :thumbsdown:

P

Peter

A Montolit is a bit like an MR2 with a Ferrari 355 bodykit. Looks similar but completely superior underneath. :lol:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Bump

Don't mind me while I bump a few old threads. They might not be current for you, if they're not, just ignore them, and they'll soon drop off the forum list.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Bump

Don't mind me while I bump a few old threads. They might not be current for you, if they're not, just ignore them, and they'll soon drop off the forum list.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some of the tiling tools related threads. This thread might not be current discussion, if it isn't, just ignore this, and it'll soon drop off the list. Don't worry if you bring it back into current discussion yourself though, the content within it could be useful for somebody. So feel free to add to it if you have something valuable to add.

Reply to The Great Sigma Tile Cutter Survey!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks