Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss The DIY School in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Has anyone done a tile Course at the DIY school in Stockport, Manchester? I am considering a 4 day tile Course to add to my current floor trade and to help me set up on my own as a Floorlayer & Tiler.

Thanks

OP
U

Unsi

Thanks all, However I am thinking of attending the DIY school in manchester for their 4 day tile course as its not too far away plus I can do this course over 2 weekends. Once I have done that I will start my tile alongside floor laying and then build up my portfolio, and after a good few years experience I will arrange for an assessor to come out to my work place to assess my work and portfolio.

Thanks all I just want to get started and alot of the courses are far away whilst I am still at work.

OP
F

Fusion Tiling

Hi There

I did the course last year as it was local to myself. It is very basic ok for a beginner,but I guess with your experience it may be to basic for you. I am trying to get on to a more advance course,but the cost to do a NVQ course is so expensive. I found working with a experienced tiler is the best training you will get, plus going on here has helped me loads,just reading the info.

Good luck

OP
U

Unsi

Sorry, Did you do the course at the DIY school and did it enable you to start up on your own tile etc?
There seems to be alot of confusion regarding a tile NVQ so in the end I want to gain experience and then have an on site NVQ assesment, I think thats the best thing to do at the moment until the qualification board sorts its self out properly!

OP
D

DHTiling

As above,terrific feedback on the forum concerning NETT-you be won't disappointed.IF it means you having to save a few more pennies for the B/B,so be it.
So have you been to NETT then.. i assume you eventually found a course.?

OP
F

Fusion Tiling

No the work I have done are for people I already knew. Sorry I can't give you a more positive feed on the diy school. I did enjoy it, very relaxed and friendly

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
If you go on a course that is just the basics then you will be wasting your money, you could get that info with a 2.99 tile dvd and stick a board up in your garage to practice it

A well constructed tile course is a lot more advanced than that, even though our course is a short course the level of tile done on it and the huge amount of info on it is at a very hight level and prepares you as much as we can in a training environment as what to expect out in the real world, we all know the real practice starts outside but better to go out there with the right techniques and knowledge than to chance it out there knowing very little

Hi Fusion
You will be probably better for you to look on the website www.learntotile.co.uk for the breakdown of what is covered on the course as there is a lot to get through, then give me or tracey a ring on 0191 4274529 and we can talk you through any questions you may have

Regards
Darren

OP
P

paul78

no dispespect to any other tile schools but unsi get yourself booked at NETT. If you pay cheap then your only going to be confident with very basic tile jobs hence youll miss out on the money on the bigger jobs. So invest that little more cash and time and and you will easily reap the rewards afterwards. iv been to NETT myself and the guy knows his stuff and is passionate about what he teaches, that to me is worth its weight in gold. Nothing worse than going somewhere with instructors who cant be bothered and dont care wether you fail or succeed.

OP
L

Lindsay

no dispespect to any other tile schools but unsi get yourself booked at NETT. If you pay cheap then your only going to be confident with very basic tile jobs hence youll miss out on the money on the bigger jobs. So invest that little more cash and time and and you will easily reap the rewards afterwards. iv been to NETT myself and the guy knows his stuff and is passionate about what he teaches, that to me is worth its weight in gold. Nothing worse than going somewhere with instructors who cant be bothered and dont care wether you fail or succeed.

Are the nett courses still running? The number doesn't ring and emails left unanswered?
I can't find any Facebook or Twitter activity from the company since March.

Reply to The DIY School in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock