Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss The DIY School in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Has anyone done a tile Course at the DIY school in Stockport, Manchester? I am considering a 4 day tile Course to add to my current floor trade and to help me set up on my own as a Floorlayer & Tiler.

Thanks

OP
U

Unsi

Thanks for responding so quickly. I am struggling to find a reasonable tile course. NVQ's seem to run in the day time and with me working full time I could only do evenings or weekends. Plus not alot of places near me actually provide a Wall & Flooring tile Course.

OP
U

Unsi

Well my current job contract may be ending soon due to shortage of work etc So I am then going to do a 4 week course in tile as I wouldnt be able to take any time off at the moment with the position my job is in.

OP
U

Unsi

I've just enquired to Construction Skills College Limited : Quality Training Courses in Plastering courses – Plumbing courses – Tiling courses – Electrical courses – Carpentry Courses – Joinery courses – Kitchen Fitting Courses – Bricklaying courses – Painting and Decorat as they do a 10 day course which is acrediated by City & Guilds it sounds more "Legit" to me than the DIY school. If worst comes to the worst and I am out of work soon I will use 10 days of my unemployment learning a new trade.

OP
U

Unsi

Definatly but it will all help benefit myself which is the main thing, plus I really want to get going with my own business in Flooring & tile only thing is I just need to arrange this tile Course.

OP
M

Mike

if you get made redundant you may well be eligible for funding towards your tile course. the big training centres will be able to help you with this. there's many threads on here regarding courses. good luck

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Mate
Darren here from North East tile Training (NETT) supprised you havent come across us, as you can see by the name we are in the North East, we do comprehensive 4 day courses that will give you all the self employment advice as well on that course.
If you are being made redundant, have a word with Tracey as we may be able to get you the funding to attend the courses, contact number is 0191 4274529, website details on the left in the sponsors, just click on it

Best regards

OP
P

paul78

go to NETT trust me when i say youll be 100% satisfied afterwards. i even travelled and stayed in B&B because of their reputation.

OP
K

kgbviktor

As above,terrific feedback on the forum concerning NETT-you be won't disappointed.IF it means you having to save a few more pennies for the B/B,so be it.

Reply to The DIY School in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock