Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Thanks for the advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

D

DJM

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Thanks to all those that offered advice and help for my questions about cleaning and grouting the floor tiles and the flush wall tiles.

Certainly not going to win a tile Job of the Month but much better than it was

IMG_4312.JPG IMG_4313.JPG

OP
D

DJM

For the floor tiles I cleaned them with a Karcher using the patio cleaner attachment and then Lithofin Tiler restorer. I removed the old grout with my Fein Multimaster and re-grouted with Ardex Antique Ivory. Once dry I used Lithofin Tile Polish to give them a bit of shine.

For the walls, I leveled off the brick base with a cement screed leaving enough depth for the tiles to lay flat with the plaster. I used Mapei Keraflex S1 https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and Mapei Ultracolor Plus White grout.

Having previously used Lithofin cleaning products on our kitchen floor (professionally tiled) I knew they would work and they have.
The Mapei products were really a doddle to use, but glad I searched the web for mixing ratios on the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ as Mapei online instructions work better than those on the product.

Whilst I like the results, the Ardex grout I hated working with it -much harder to get right then the Mapei Ultracolor

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Thanks for the advice in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock