Discuss Tanking Kits at TOPPS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

H

Highlander

Hello all.

A customer I am working for purchased two Bal Tanking Kits from Topps Tiles last week. I used one kit last week date ok no probs today went to use the other kit checked the date on the tub and it was 19 months old so called Bal for advice and was advised shelf life 12 months and should not use.

So called Topps and aked them to check if they had any fresher kits in stock mmmmm says guy after checking 3 kits mmmmmm they were made in 2006 so he says he will call other stores in Scotland to see if they can get one up to me asap well he calls back and says that all the other stores kits are out of date.

So how many of you guys check the date on the tanking kits?

Well wnet to our NEW CTD store in Inverness which is not really officially open and they supplied me with a kit with right date made last month. And filled in my Trade form as well :thumbsup:

So if anyone in Scotland is buying a tanking kit out of topps over next few days check the date on the kit. You will need to open the kit and look at the label stuck on the lid.

Cheers,

Gary

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
it just goes to show gary how many tilers are buying tanking kits.. not many me thinks.

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
I bought some epoxy grout two weeks ago for a demo and it was dated 2003, had to blow the dust off the top when it was delivered

B

brian c

maybe someone from the Topps HIERARCHY will be looking at these comments as we know they look...DONT WE:grouphug:

W

White Room

Your still trying to convince the customer it's the right thing to do, But they seem think they know better:huh2:

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wetdec

If I was you I would be looking at buying durabase wp tanking membrane you get 6 showers out of a roll at £42.00 each. No sell by date, no resins no being short and the job is a professional 1 start to finish......:thumbsup:

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
have to agree with wetdecs here , when you see a shower area tanked with a waterproof membrane and one thats been painted on theres no comparison..

D

DB-Tiling

If I was you I would be looking at buying durabase wp tanking membrane you get 6 showers out of a roll at £42.00 each. No sell by date, no resins no being short and the job is a professional 1 start to finish......:thumbsup:

where can i get this from wetdec?

H

Highlander

Still waiting for samples mate :thumbsup:

B

brian c

Does this price include delivery?If so i will buy some from you WETDEC.:thumbsup:

Reply to Tanking Kits at TOPPS in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks