Discuss Tank feed shower. Tiling around in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

average

TF
Reaction score
This was toled 20 years ago and as you can see, it looks horrendous. I am compentent enough working around electric showers but never these type. O usually leave it to the plumber that works along with me however he's away on holiday for 4 weeks. I know the obvious answer would be, get another plumber but going to tackle this myself if it ain't too complicated. Is it a case of just screwing the face plate, tile then replace instaed of tiling around it and having it look a mess like in pic.
IMG_20180614_180106481.jpg

T

Time's Ran Out

You’ll need to bring the whole unit further forward, so that means exposing all the pipes and releasing the fixings to allow movement.

W

WetSaw

Until you've stripped the wall you won't know what depth you have. Then you can work out if you have to adjust the shower valve to suit the depth of the new tiles.

Reply to Tank feed shower. Tiling around in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks