Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Suspended timber floor. Foam Vs HB/NMP/A-Panel in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia
W

Waluigi

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Standard suspended timber floor, regarding overboarding- do people consider the foam boards (wedi/Marmox/Jack0/Ducka etc) as good as the boards like Hardiebacker/NMP/Aquapanel etc.

I’m asking this in relation to UFH and suspended timber ground floors where the insulating properties of the foam boards exceed those of the other boards.

I’m assuming the 12mm foam boards aren’t a whole world different to the 6mm Hardiebacker boards.

OP
D

Dumbo

I 've asked harry hill about this and he says the only way to find out is fight !
But seriously as far as insulation is concerned foam boards will beat cement boards every time

OP
D

Dumbo

Just checking . If it's wet underfloor it would have to be cement boards if its electric undertile heating then foam

OP
W

Waluigi

My mistake, yes absolutely it’s Leccy UFH.

One thing I was wondering, I tend to use 12mm HB when laying natural stone. I’m wondering if 12mm foam board is good enough. I’m not entirely sure it is.

OP
D

Dumbo

Should be ok but I have seen some people recomend using ditra on top of elec ufh as well as using foamboard underneath .

OP
W

WetSaw

Obviously foam board wouldn't add any structural rigidity to a timber floor in the same way a cement board does.

OP
F

Flintstone

there’s no structural gains from a cement board, pdc, despite the feeling of solidness after it’s fitted.

OP
W

WetSaw

That surprises me Andy. I'd still rather use cement board on timber than a foam board, not that I've ever seen a timber floor over here!

OP
W

Waluigi

Why are we still using Hardiebacker and the like instead of Foam boards on floors?!

Reply to Suspended timber floor. Foam Vs HB/NMP/A-Panel in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock