Discuss Surprised by two builders! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Tommythetiler80

Well as the title suggests, this week I've been pleasantly surprised by two builders that I've met with on two different projects about doing some work along side them not for them. When talking to both of them about what will be going on the floor they have looked up and mentioned about the need for anti frac matting being used! Well blow me down with a feather I thought! I didn't even need to bring up the conversation . Maybe us fixers can be a little suspect towards them at times but these two have surprised me :)

OP
F

Flintstone

How old were they, Tom ? I find it's the younger ones that are open to suggestion, and the older ones, well.

OP
T

Tommythetiler80

One was I guess mid to late 30s like me;) and the other is nearing the 60 mark I think but he likes things to be right . Just quite refreshing I thought .

OP
T

Tommythetiler80

On the other hand I'll probably turn up to start the job and their screeds will be like the Jurassic coast line ...... lol :eek:

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Wait till it comes to getting paid..
Most builders are your best friend on Monday..... And don't answer the phone on Friday !!

peteablard

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Wait till it comes to getting paid..
Most builders are your best friend on Monday..... And don't answer the phone on Friday !!
I know a lot are like that but I have to defend the few I work for. I invoiced one 10 minutes ago for work done yesterday and I know without doubt it will be in my account Monday morning

CJ

TF
Supporter
Arms
Reaction score
Good builders are as rare as hens teeth. Still wouldn't trust them though. ;)

Reply to Surprised by two builders! in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer