Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Started new business but attracted no customers in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia

Stevev

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi Chaps, I started up my tile business in March but even though I advertised as much as poss and fit on Yell dot com.. I've only had 3 people interested, so I've taken a job at the train station and ditched the tile. Is it really quiet in Dorset and Wiltshire or is there something better I could do if I decided to try again Many thanks

T

Time's Ran Out

This is the best job in the world but I wouldn’t want to be starting off now!
There are so many ‘tilers’ out there, so many cheap nasty tiles and so many regulations, that the culture for anyone can do that becomes the norm - until they do it!
Just glad I don’t have a mortgage , can get regular work, and know my pension is safe.
Steve - enjoy whatever you do.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Go out and knock on doors, visit building sites, call housebuilders, leave your cards in chip shops post officers and tile shops, speak to conservatory suppliers and kitchen fitters and bathroom outlets. Knock up some leaflets abd drop them through letterboxes. There are so many things to do to get a new business going. Just advertising and yell.com won't get You going

A

AlexJones

If your based near Bristol I have a job which is adding brick slips to a house - for some reason struggling to find tilers who will do brick slips in the Bristol area o_O

F

Flintstone

Good advice from the chaps above, my advice is know your limits, don’t take on anything your not capable of yet. Make a good job of every job as reputation is what will carry you through.
Tell us your experience level ?

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hmtiling

I moved 300 miles away from all my contacts 12 years ago. I went through the yellow pages at the time and wrote a letter to every builder in the area. I put business cards everywhere and advertised in the local rag. I had to take a job as a window fitters mate for a year whilst doing small jobs on evenings and weekends. If you leave a good job every time your reputation will precede you. I haven't advertised in 10 years now.
If you've little experience then getting in with another tiler may serve you well. Just be honest about your intentions and good luck

Cranbrook

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Offer to tile friends and family bathrooms or kitchens for free (they buy the materials of course), this will help you improve, and will give you photograph opportunities to promote yourself, and if you do a good job, word of mouth will do the rest

D

Dumbo

This is the best job in the world but I wouldn’t want to be starting off now!
There are so many ‘tilers’ out there, so many cheap nasty tiles and so many regulations, that the culture for anyone can do that becomes the norm - until they do it!
Just glad I don’t have a mortgage , can get regular work, and know my pension is safe.
Steve - enjoy whatever you do.
Pension!

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Like I said above.........start part time.

I worked as a part time postman, and took on tile jobs as and when they came in. When on the post, I printed off 600 flyers, and delivered them to everyone on my round..........1 Guy, a builder, contacted me, as his tiler had just lost his license. ()

I worked both jobs for.............5 years, but only because I didn’t have he balls to go all out tile. At that time anyway.

Reply to Started new business but attracted no customers in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock